GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 volt with a USB stick plugged in and indexed. Close to the 10,000 song limit. I use the voice search to play songs and artists and it works fairly well, except for one bug that I haven't seen reported anywhere. When it recognizes the artist or song I've voice searched, it always 100% of the time starts the song 5s into the track. So something like "Help" by the Beatles that starts loud right at the beginning will completely miss the beginning of the song so I have to hit the "back to beginning" arrow. Not a big deal, just a small annoyance. But since it happens every time I reported it to my Volt Advisor and neither he nor my dealer can find this issue previously reported. Like I said, it happens 100% of the time. Tried different USB keys, and same issue. It took a little while to index initially, and now intermittently indexes even if I haven't changed any tracks, but that is less of an annoyance since it usually only lasts ~2min then I can voice search again.

Has anyone had this problem? I did a search in the forums and google and also can't find it previously reported. I don't think it is a number of files or size of USB key issue since it doesn't choke and does find the song/artist if it exists. It just will always start ~5s in to the track. Manually selecting a song through the menus works and starts the song right at the beginning.

grits

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Try setting up a separate smaller USB stick with only about 1000 songs and see if it has the same problem. It may be that a large number of files slows down access to play the tracks. If so, there is probably not much you can do, if you don't want to reduce the number of files you have on there.

Mine is a 2011, and I don't think I have seen that problem with either the hard drive or the USB stick, and I use both all the time to give me two separate genres of music I can switch to, without having to wait for indexing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts