GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new 2018 Volt LT. 4GB Sandisk USB plugged into top USB port with some MP3 files on there. Samsung Galaxy S7 paired with the car, all blutooth options enabled).

About 50% of the time when I turn on the car I get no sound from the USB and no sound from the phone (connected via Blutooth). The devices show up, I can switch to them when I press "Media", and MOST, but not all, of the time it even shows the songs. But I get no sound at all.

In the 50% of the time it does work, when I turn on my car I get sound from the USB after a few seconds, it works normally as it should. Both from USB and from the Galaxy S7 blutooth audio connection.

The only way to fix it is turn the car off then back on, and 50% of the time that will fix it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Darren

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Hi, new 2018 Volt LT. 4GB Sandisk USB plugged into top USB port with some MP3 files on there. Samsung Galaxy S7 paired with the car, all blutooth options enabled).

About 50% of the time when I turn on the car I get no sound from the USB and no sound from the phone (connected via Blutooth). The devices show up, I can switch to them when I press "Media", and MOST, but not all, of the time it even shows the songs. But I get no sound at all.

In the 50% of the time it does work, when I turn on my car I get sound from the USB after a few seconds, it works normally as it should. Both from USB and from the Galaxy S7 blutooth audio connection.

The only way to fix it is turn the car off then back on, and 50% of the time that will fix it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Darren
I have a similar issue with the infotainment system of my 2017 Volt. Bluetooth audio does not always work unless I switch the source to Radio (AM or FM) and then switch to Device for my phone. Most of the time this will fix the problem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar issue with the infotainment system of my 2017 Volt. Bluetooth audio does not always work unless I switch the source to Radio (AM or FM) and then switch to Device for my phone. Most of the time this will fix the problem.
That doesn't work on mine. Once I get "no sound" from USB or Blutooth audio there is no resolving it short of a car re-start. FM and SirrusXM always work.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
That doesn't work on mine. Once I get "no sound" from USB or Blutooth audio there is no resolving it short of a car re-start. FM and SirrusXM always work.
I am using an iPhone 5SE (correction SE), I don't have any experience with a Samsung phone.

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
I am using an iPhone 5SE, I don't have any experience with a Samsung phone.
There's no such phone as a 5SE. There is the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5S, then the iPhone SE (which is what I carry).

I get audio issues when I try to switch sources in my Gen1 too quickly. I'm not sure if the g2 has the same issues. If I wait 30 seconds after starting the car before switching the audio source to Bluetooth, it always works. If I get into this no audio situation, 70% of the time I can fix it by swiping up, then swiping left to get to the audio control panel, then selecting the box with a triangle to switch the audio output to the iPhone then back to the Volt. Alas, since the latest IOS11 update, that entire panel changed. So for IOS11 users you would swipe up, press and hold the audio control panel to make it fill the screen, then there is a triangle with 3 circles on the upper right that you press which will show all the audio sources.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sometimes mine doesn't like when I plug in my iPhone when the iPod is already plugged in. Sometimes I have to unplug and replug a couple times to get it to wake up. Or reboot the iPod. It's a pain.

I can "see" the device, but when I push play, nothing happens. Sometimes it doesn't even "see" the device and I have to play around with it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes mine doesn't like when I plug in my iPhone when the iPod is already plugged in. Sometimes I have to unplug and replug a couple times to get it to wake up. Or reboot the iPod. It's a pain.

I can "see" the device, but when I push play, nothing happens. Sometimes it doesn't even "see" the device and I have to play around with it.
That's very similar to my issue, where you can see the device and sometimes even songs, but they won't play.

Tonight I did a test. I removed my USB stick (which had always been plugged in), and just tried to use Blutooth Audio from my Samsung Galaxy S7. 4 times in a row now it worked every time - sound worked. Obviously I have to do more testing, but it may be that if multiple devices are connected/plugged in to the Infotainment centre it may get confused or not work properly 100% of the time.

I will do more single-device connected (with blutooth audio) over the next week to see if it continues to work every time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In my 2017 it does the same thing and this usually fixes it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use a OnePlus 3T plugged into the USB port, running Android Auto, and paired via Bluetooth. I do not have a second device plugged or paired. I also run into the "no sound" problem sometimes. While sometimes switching to radio will resolve it, sometimes I have to wait until I restart the car.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have the same problem with USB. Good luck fixing it. Car electronics are notoriously buggy, usually because they are completely outsourced and just plugged in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts