GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First the sad part. At the end of my street there is a young couple who took in his dad who was alone, and is sliding into dementia. Most of the time the guy is confused and angry. When he remembers who I am (the end of the street neighbor) he doesn't like me much because I've walked him back to their house when he 'wandered' trying to find HIS home.

So having said that,

the police pull up in front of my house this afternoon while I'm working in the yard to tell me they got a complaint on me. I'm thinking its from the hound barking or something but nope, it seems the old guy called the police to say that I'm racing my "little black sports car" and constantly revving my engine loudly and "peeling out" at the 4 way intersection in front of their house and that I'm (and I quote) "a menace who's going to kill someone".

The officer said he'd already looked at the intersection and there were no rubber marks or any sign that anyone has ever "peeled out" or skidded or anything there, then he points to my car ands says "Wait, a Volt? That's electric isn't it?"

I say "yes sir it is" and explain that in a Volt you can't "rev" the engine even if you wanted to. Then I tell him the history of Mr. "X" up on the corner.

Cop just shakes his head and calls it in and asks them to make a notation regarding any further "racing" calls from that location.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have one like that on my street too.
The other night he actually jumped in front of my daughter's car yelling and scared the hell out of her...

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I have one like that on my street too.
The other night he actually jumped in front of my daughter's car yelling and scared the hell out of her...
Get a dashcam for her car...to prevent this from happening...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a guy like that in my neighborhood too that just sits outside in his driveway on a lawn chair. I've only seen him yell at a car for going too fast once, and they deserved it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts