GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that during a phone call (bluetooth/handsfree mode using my cell phone) I could switch to the climate screen - the screen wasn't 'locked' to the call status. They fixed it! Hooray!!!

I strongly dislike unannounced automatic updates. I would really like to know when software is being updated in my car. But thank you for fixing it, oh mystery GM person!

·
Registered
521 Posts
+1 to that deekster_caddy. I'll have to make a call tonight on the drive home to test it!

It is kind of hard for GM to get credit for fixes and updating features, if basically no one knows the work was done. I would love to see a modern update menu, ie: that let owners approve specific updates and see the vehicle's update history.

·
Registered
2013 Volt
479 Posts
I noticed the other day that during a phone call (bluetooth/handsfree mode using my cell phone) I could switch to the climate screen - the screen wasn't 'locked' to the call status. They fixed it! Hooray!!!

I strongly dislike unannounced automatic updates. I would really like to know when software is being updated in my car. But thank you for fixing it, oh mystery GM person!
Perhaps this explains why my radio rebooted itself while i was driving the other day. I wasn't fiddling with radio at all when it happened. First time that has ever happened to me.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
To my knowledge, the Volt cannot update its software remotely. So I suspect a different explanation.

Is it possible that your phone has new software that made the difference?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Exactly, i suspect jellybean 4.3 (android) updated about amonth ago ( in my case) to be the reason.
I hate jellybean 4.3, sluggish internet and weird behavior on my galaxy s3n, can't wait for kitkat 4.4...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Exactly, i suspect jellybean 4.3 (android) updated about amonth ago ( in my case) to be the reason.
I hate jellybean 4.3, sluggish internet and weird behavior on my galaxy s3n, can't wait for kitkat 4.4...
Nexus or any Google Play version phones, problem solved.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I seem to remember seeing someplace that the radio updates can be made remotely. I haven't tested out this change, but my MY2013 radio did have something happen to it in the last few days. When I turned it on the other day I was surprised the radio was not where I left it and it wasn't even on a station. I had forgotten about it until now. I wonder what else they may have changed.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is possible there was some other update applied. I had it at my dealer back in December because I had a single no-heat instance they were looking into. I thought they just applied the heater update but I'll have to look back at the service record and see if there was a center stack issue.

This has nothing to do with what kind of phone you are using - if it was bluetooth the "Phone Call" screen would come on top of the center display and you couldn't access anything 'behind' the call window (unless you needed a button that happened to be near the edge and peeked out from behind the call window). This mean I couldn't switch climate modes as the air direction selections are in the middle. The only thing I could do to the climate was choose Auto or Defrost. Now I can go back to the entire climate screen to make a change.

I'll see if I can find the service slip when I get home and if they applied any other updates.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seem to remember seeing someplace that the radio updates can be made remotely. I haven't tested out this change, but my MY2013 radio did have something happen to it in the last few days. When I turned it on the other day I was surprised the radio was not where I left it and it wasn't even on a station. I had forgotten about it until now. I wonder what else they may have changed.
This is what I recall as well, and what I assumed had happened.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Every time XM Radio has a two-week "listen for free" trial/bait period, my radio experiences something like this. For one thing, my custom MyLink button layout gets borked, and it goes back to the default layout. They just started one of these free-listen periods (January 28th thru Feb. 10th). Does that coincide with what you experienced?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every time XM Radio has a two-week "listen for free" trial/bait period, my radio experiences something like this. For one thing, my custom MyLink button layout gets borked, and it goes back to the default layout. They just started one of these free-listen periods (January 28th thru Feb. 10th). Does that coincide with what you experienced?
I've had separate Sirius units in the past and occasionally they would send out programming updates that would reset some of the channels. I only noticed one time my presets got messed up in the year I've had the Volt due to an XM issue.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I only noticed one time my presets got messed up in the year I've had the Volt due to an XM issue.
Interestingly, my presets are NOT messed up during the free-listen trial periods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts