GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this..

While driving last weekend, all four doors unlocked for no reason. I pressed the lock button on the console and they all locked, but 5 minutes later during the same drive they all unlocked again.
At a stoplight, I pressed the lock button again, locking them all, then 5 minutes later, after getting going again, they all unlocked.
Remote was in my pocket, and nothing was pressing on any buttons.

After parking and powering down, then returning to the car later, the issue seemed to be gone, and it hasn't happened again.

If that's not odd enough, I've had the stereo system reboot several times while driving, though that hasn't been as recent. The tunes just stop, then you notice the screen goes blank. Then the start-up graphics show up, and a couple of seconds later, the radio is back on. Seems like that happens once a month.

Both issues are so inconsistent that I know if I took the car to the shop, the techs couldn't re-produce the issue to figure out why.

Nothing that makes me want to take the car back, but is mine the only one doing this?

·
Administrator
22,272 Posts
Is someone at home playing with your MyVolt account to remotely lock/unlock the doors?

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Sounds like it has an intermittent console connection. Like a ribbon cable is loose. Very tough to find and fix.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had the exact same issue in my pre-Volt vehicle, a VW Jetta. Doors kept unlocking, radio kept rebooting. It turned out to be a faulty ignition switch in the steering wheel, strangely enough.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Bet it was the FOB being press unintentionally.

3,608 Posts
I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this..

While driving last weekend, all four doors unlocked for no reason. I pressed the lock button on the console and they all locked, but 5 minutes later during the same drive they all unlocked again.
At a stoplight, I pressed the lock button again, locking them all, then 5 minutes later, after getting going again, they all unlocked.
Remote was in my pocket, and nothing was pressing on any buttons.

After parking and powering down, then returning to the car later, the issue seemed to be gone, and it hasn't happened again.

If that's not odd enough, I've had the stereo system reboot several times while driving, though that hasn't been as recent. The tunes just stop, then you notice the screen goes blank. Then the start-up graphics show up, and a couple of seconds later, the radio is back on. Seems like that happens once a month.

Both issues are so inconsistent that I know if I took the car to the shop, the techs couldn't re-produce the issue to figure out why.

Nothing that makes me want to take the car back, but is mine the only one doing this?
Ptarp,

I apologize that this occurred. If you could call your Volt Advisor they can document the concerns for you. Also assist if it were to happen again.

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.