GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Getting kind of a kick out of the article as I'm in Texas. Generally speaking, they are telling the truth in that article. Here in DFW, TX most big chevy dealerships aren't interested in the volt at all.

The exception being Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine - where they have a great sales and service department. Not to mention they have a good amount of stock. From what I hear they are *the* movers of Volt for Texas.

Overall my expereince was great, but that's because the salesmen himself personally owned a 2nd Gen Volt. The service manager also has a 1st gen, so I felt I was in great hands during the process. Other dealerships I reached out to early on when I was looking to buy... just flat didn't care I was looking to place an order.

There are still a few good car dealerships out there I'm sure, but the way things are going... the Tesla model of selling things seems to be much more direct and trouble free. The best salesmen/businesses are the ones that know the product they are selling. Walking up to a dealership asking about a specific car and all they are trying to do is move you into a Suburban or Silverado... just bad business.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
I think the comment that this issue may be more a rural vs urban divide has some merit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts