GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great product! I especially like the diesel generator. I suggest you sell an accessory with the car. A solar charging station. It should be very simple to engineer and build. I imagine one at home and one at work. At each location, I could charge the batteries while the car sits. Maybe even a convential on-the-grid plug at the station for those cloudy days. And even a feed back to the house or business to dump electric back onto the grid when the car is not pluged in.

Also, I like the technology of the hybrids using the breaking mechnisim to generate electric to charge the batteries, do you have that on this car?

I drive 40 miles each day to work and back, this would be the ideal car!!

·
3,689 Posts
This is a great product! I especially like the diesel generator. I suggest you sell an accessory with the car. A solar charging station. It should be very simple to engineer and build. I imagine one at home and one at work. At each location, I could charge the batteries while the car sits. Maybe even a convential on-the-grid plug at the station for those cloudy days. And even a feed back to the house or business to dump electric back onto the grid when the car is not pluged in.

Also, I like the technology of the hybrids using the breaking mechnisim to generate electric to charge the batteries, do you have that on this car?

I drive 40 miles each day to work and back, this would be the ideal car!!
Hello seib169, Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are excited about the Volt. Hey, if you want to read all about the things you brought up just use the search function on the forum:

Search for:

SOTS - Solar on the surface - for solar on the car
Backup generator - for your back up needs
regenerative braking - for you regen needs - Yes, the Volt has it.
Solar panels - for discussions about having an option to buy solar panels.

Look around and enjoy. Oh, if you get a chance check out the SOTS boat pictures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts