GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please follow Tesla's lead and offer over the air software updates. I'd REALLY like it if I woke up one morning and Apple CarPlay appeared on my 2013 or 2015 Volt.

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
The only reason to have constant OTA updates is that the software wasn't complete on launch. I prefer GM's approach of keeping the car as inexpensive as possible by not installing unused hardware like 75kwh batteries in a 60kwh car.

Tesla needs to stop screwing around and make affordable completed cars. Hope they get M3 right.

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
The only reason to have constant OTA updates is that the software wasn't complete on launch. I prefer GM's approach of keeping the car as inexpensive as possible by not installing unused hardware like 75kwh batteries in a 60kwh car.

Tesla needs to stop screwing around and make affordable completed cars. Hope they get M3 right.
And I hope Cadillac gets into the game with something more than just the ELR and CT6 PHEV. Faraday Futures, Porsche, VW are all jumping in to the Tesla arena. Where's Cadillac?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Releasing software updates doesn't mean that software isn't finished. It means that they've thought of ways to improve it. Lots of things can change in how to use the interface. Often people make assumptions about what features people will want only to find that they were completely wrong. Being able to rearrange those features would be nice. Being able to add functionality after the sale would also be a very nice feature. It would be nice if the CPU driving the infotainment system could be upgraded so that they can't use the excuse "The hardware in your car can't handle that application".

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I know a few people had hiccups with the Android Auto update done by the dealer via USB. Look at all the bricked iPhones getting IOS10.

I'd be happy being able to download onto USB stick and update myself. Wireless is too flaky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts