GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think we should have a separate thread to collect all the software & firmware updates for the G2. As real world conditions set in and experi nice is gained I suspect there will be many of them in the future

As initial posting I know the there is a TSB 540 update for the ICE engine, referred elsewhere on the forum as the "chuggle " problem ( http://gm-volt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90618&d=1446014236 )

Have seen 1 report about an update for the P040B, P041B ("EGR sensor"), but no name given to it yet.

Please post updates or pending updates under this thread.

Would be nice if someone had an up to date list of Volt codes and what it means to help make sense of the codes, the list I have is generic GM and way out of date.

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I learned about the "chuggle" on another thread. I thought I was crazy and it was good to know others had it too ( unfortunately). As slight as it is... its annoying, and is the only thing preventing me from saying I totally love the car. I took the TSB 00540 to the dealer... and of course they were unaware of anything ( as is typical). Technician said that supposedly the software upgrade ( or whatever they call it) was done before I picked up the car as part of the prep they do on the vehicle. I took him on a test drive and he said he noticed it. He was supposed to contact a higher level technician at Chevy. Dealer still has not called me back after 10 days ... I'll have to pester them I suppose. Anybody still feeling the Chuggle after being told they made the software update?

·
Banned
398 Posts
Chevy NEEDS to take care of the bluetooth auto play problem. If I end a phone call, MyLink starts to play as if the phone connected again.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already a thread on software on software updates, perhaps you should move your post there....
Figured I'd start a thread to track the latest firmware versions out there. Here's mine...

Software = 23415883
Gracenote = 23199236

Anyone have a more up to date version in their 2016?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine are the same versions.
Can't find the thread Andy is referring to. Link, please?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mine is:

Software - 23415881
Gracenote - 23199236
Map - 23346621

Anyone know what 23415883 improves over 23415881?

Also, if you touch on the Open Source Software button, there is a URL that takes you to: http://oss.bosch-cm.com/gm.html One can download source code. It is a 600+mbyte zip file.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I guess that means they switched from Denso/Panasonic that was used in the Gen1s...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Silly question - are these firmware versions purely related to the Infotainment system or the overall car?

I will check my version numbers and post. Will dealer update at no charge if one is behind a few versions?

·
Registered
236 Posts
My Software version is totally different:
84028481 ? Is it b/c I have a Canadian volt?

Noticed a "save version info to USB" option? Are we able to update on our own?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My versions are the same as yours. Had a software update (chuggle issue) at delivery.
Figured I'd start a thread to track the latest firmware versions out there. Here's mine...

Software = 23415883
Gracenote = 23199236

Anyone have a more up to date version in their 2016?

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
My versions are the same as yours. Had a software update (chuggle issue) at delivery.
FYI You people are simply posting your MyLink Infotainment software levels. It has nothing to do with the rest of the car.
The numbers will vary with your Audio and Nav options. (and of course any radio system updates performed)
HTH
WOT

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Latest available software version (ends with 883) here for the Infotainment center, and as I posted in another thread, the Mylink is working fine on bluetooth with my iphone (ios 9.02) but repeatedly crashes or is nonoperative when the phone is connected by the cord (tried changing cords, it does not matter). Strangely enough, however, the music in the phone plays fine through the corded USB connection. The part that does not work is Carplay. It is pretty clear that it is a software issue, which I believe to be on the car's end of things, not ios (I don't think Carplay has been changed since ios 9 came out). I spoke to the dealer today who acknowledged the problem and that there is a Service Bulletin out on it. According to them, GM is "working on a fix" and when they have new software to flash they said they would call me. If anyone hears of it being released in the meantime let us all know. Thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts