GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why sould you have to push a button to read "you have 1 new message" to display a message on the main dash display? JUST DISPLAY THE MESSAGE......I don't want to have to hit a button to see the message, I'm watching the road (or on my cell phone- only kidding) just scroll thru the message's and be done with them. I will hit the button to remove them after i have read them.

·
4,870 Posts
Because the message was already displayed to you, and there can be far more than 1 message stored. After being briefly displayed, it is stored in there for future recalling if you want to look at it again or missed it. I've seen as many as 4 in the past.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I don't have a Volt but my Equinox has a DIC, just as every new GM vehicle. There are two groups of messages: informative and immediate. If the message is informative and not important, the news of a message is less important. But if you have an immediate message, such as a warning or a trouble message, the DIC will flash it on with no manual intervention. So take it easy, drive carefully, and be glad that your vehicle is smart to just give you a notice of an informational message that your can read at your leisure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts