GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I got no response! I used their web-based form here, towards the bottom, it says--"place your pre-order:" http://workhorse.com/pickup

I gave them my full name, phone number, e-mail, etc. I understand they are marketing this for fleet sales, but I thought if they contacted me I could find out about their minimum requirements and maybe work with my company or others to get this truck in my driveway! 80 miles of range + a range extender, and it just looks so damn good! Now what American would not want this?

View attachment 125009

·
8,680 Posts
I'm pretty sure they don't have any answers for you yet - or a working product.

They're making some really ambitious promises for the truck - The Pacifica Hybrid barely exceeds the efficiency they are promising out of a full size pickup - and there are no pictures and a little note saying all specs are estimated.

Hopefully it'll turn out to be a great product in due time - but I'll be surprised if they manage to hit every spec on that page with one car, and I'm pretty sure they are somewhere in the concept development or early prototyping phase right now.

·
Registered
13,679 Posts
The Panasonic battery pack might be a showstopper for me. Everything I've ever purchased that was Panasonic branded broke the month after the warranty expired. Alas, maybe battery packs are more reliable than 80's vintage electronics (a phone and a microwave), but when i got burned twice (both were Consumer Reports top picks), I've had a running lifetime ban avoiding both Panasonic and Consumer Reports. I think I have more trust in GM and Tesla than this company that I've never heard of (until now). If only someone in the auto industry would electrify their pickup or better yet SUV.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Nice configuration. I am reminded that a lot of the volts sold to fleets were rarely plugged in. Hopefully these would be more fully used.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I emailed them as well when it was revealed and requested the requirements for a letter of content...Been about a week and no answer, I'm sure they're "inbox readers" are slammed since the reveal...

·
8,680 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts