GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I needed to go to an AT&T store and, as luck would have it, there is a GEWattStation charger across the street at a Verizon store. I had been driving all around the area that morning doing Christmas shopping and need to charge my Volt. I parked there so I could charge and walked over to AT&T. The wait list at AT&T was about an hour long, so with my name on the list, I walked around the corner to Target to shop and to kill some time. When I was done at AT&T, my Volt was fully charged.

I don't know who installed this (at Verizon), but since it is a "public" parking lot and the charger is free, I took the liberty to charge but not visit Verizon. It was not marked as "Verizon customers only". :p

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
More likely the property owners installed it. The Verizon store probably has very little pull on what can and can't happen in the parking lot... A few years in commercial property has shown me that the customer has very little say in anything beyond what's inside their 4 walls.

A green initiative or rebate incentive probably convinced them. A few customer requests doesn't hurt either.

·
Administrator
20,884 Posts
Perhaps it's time to switch to Verizon, they obviously want your business more than ATT. :) But yes, you are crazy for shopping at this time of year, haha.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
How does the cord retract or hang when not in use?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cool, where was this?

I was driving around at the mall last weekend (The Block at Orange) and there were probably 100+ cars also driving around looking for a single open space...there were none. Then, I saw an "EV Charging station" sign and followed it...sure enough, 2 rock star parking spaces right up front totally empty for EV only. It was a good day.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, where was this?

I was driving around at the mall last weekend (The Block at Orange) and there were probably 100+ cars also driving around looking for a single open space...there were none. Then, I saw an "EV Charging station" sign and followed it...sure enough, 2 rock star parking spaces right up front totally empty for EV only. It was a good day.
This was in Huntington Beach, on the west side of Beach Blvd just north of Heil Ave.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Go Seminoles! The only public charger around here is at Florida State. I'd love to find some elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your story.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I like to see some barrier to pedestrians and scooters to prevent accidental damage to the charge cable. There is too much space between the charge station and the car.

...don't want to give someone the chance to win the "Litigation Lottery"

...if something happens the owner of the car will be included in a lawsuit.

pick up several orange warning cones 4-5 and place them along the charge cable. CYA!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like to see some barrier to pedestrians and scooters to prevent accidental damage to the charge cable. There is too much space between the charge station and the car.

...don't want to give someone the chance to win the "Litigation Lottery"

...if something happens the owner of the car will be included in a lawsuit.

pick up several orange warning cones 4-5 and place them along the charge cable. CYA!
Ha! I don't think I could carry and put out cones. However, as you can see in the photo, I always take time to flatten/straighten and tidy the cord whenever I charge. I selfishly do this because I wouldn't want anyone tripping over it and damaging my charge port. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts