GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The dash is definitely new, and hopefully improved. Nicer-looking steering wheel, it seems with paddle-shifted regen. Definitely still a hatch. And they're purposely covering up the rear middle seat area. :)

I'm hoping they relocated the center A/C vents. Hard to tell though. Shifter is also in a more conventional location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXCKarf7s9Y&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The dash is covered with a fur or velour style camouflage so can't really tell what it is going to look like. Could even be a mule car that is not a production 2016.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's possible, but i reckon this is the test car we've seen the past few months. The hood and side mirror is covered by camo and the interior looks almost production ready, at least better looking than most mules i've seen.

The center stack screen is also different, angled out more, ditto with the gauge cluster. The door panels look like a 1st gen with minor differences in switch location and layout.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Your just guessing, nothing more. We should all know in a month what the 2.0 is all about without guessing

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
As a 2012 driver without leather interior/leather wrapped wheel. I am seriously jealous of that steering wheel.

·
Registered
550 Posts
About the only thing we learned was that the Volt will have regen paddles. Also they've been improved since the ELR. The seats have a more upscale look. It seems like Chevy management is very optimistic and expect the car to appeal to more people.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Video of Next Gen Volt....

The Volts seen in this video have to be the same Volt seen in the recent Volt interior video with Andrew Farrah.....Everything matches up. T minus 25..24..23 days.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpmiix324lk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here are the details I notice:
- Exterior of the car has the black and white swirly camo as seen on exterior mirrors. So, this is likely not a mule.
- There is only one piece of glass in the front doors (no cut line near the exterior mirrors like current Volts).
- The front passenger continues to NOT have an oh****oh****we'reallgonnadie handle above the door (my wife's greatest lament).
- The armrests on the door look wider and have a more conventional design.
- Conventional buttons below the knob on the center stack.
- Overhead center console is recessed a little (see the green light?).
- Passenger seat has a sporty-looking "shoulder" section.
- The Executive VP of Global Product Development is a grumpy-looking man.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Looks like heated seat switches are on the doors now
Where did you see heated seat switched?
The only switches I see on the doors are the windows, and the locks (which I much prefer on the door than the console...)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Serious killjoy. :p
I agree. It will be fun to see what we got wrong and right at the actual reveal. Even though I won't be back in the market until 2014 I enjoy the distraction as an antidote from turning the crank for The Man.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks to me like the driver's screen uses a green variant of the ELR's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts