GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Christmas my 2011 Chevrolet Volt started to smell burnt rubber when I use the heater. The heating actually still works, despite the smell. Next day I took the car for a couple miles ride where I put the heating to the maximum and see if the smell came back again and again it was warming normally, but if the burnt smell. When I parked I popped the hood and I saw a little bit of smoke with the same smell coming from the engine near the fire wall (where the coolant heater is located). I haven't used the climate control since and the car has worked without any trouble. I just use the heated seats to warm myself when driving it. I saw other threads where the owners reported that the heating stopped working at all, however this does not appear to be the case since the heating still works, just that it smells burnt and may be smoking a bit.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Umm...that sounds like something you might not want to ignore. Burnt rubber smell can be burning wires / wire harness which may lead to other issues down the line.

Might be worth taking it someplace to get looked at.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts