GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried playing around with the delayed charging options and I am not impressed. With the android app or the Car itself, there does not appear to be a way to simply set a start and stop time for charging. anyone please tell me to go read the ___ manual if I missed it.

I had to go through and fake out the various peak/off peak to control any sort of timer. Besides the fact that I didn't get it right on the first try, it's a tedious approach at best.

I have free charging at work, and plan to do 95% of my charging there (only owned the volt for a month so far). So what I really want is to add something like 4Kwh to the battery overnight when I am empty before I head to work. Anymore is a waste of money, and any less the ICE turns on.

Before I add a smartplug, anyone know of something I might have missed?

thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses so far. AtomicPowered, you nailed the problem I had last night. I set the weekday schedule, but since it was a sunday night, the weekend kicked in and started charging immediately. i currently have it's programmed to start charging at 3AM, which at 8A, should give me about the 4 or 5Kwh's I want by 8am. In the summer, I should be able to push the start time back even further.

I will play around with it for a while before giving up. Ideally, the myChevrolet APP would simply support a manual override/timer, but I agree my case of not wanting to end with a full charge is unique.

Loboc, thanks for the note on the double plugging idea. In a few days when I get the schedule working and confirm it does not charge immediately, I will try the double plug and report back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it comes to that in the end, it's not that bad. I have the TP-Link HS100 actually sitting around, I think from an Amazon order with Alexa offer. I would give up the energy monitoring, but nothing else. It's just a shame that kind of control isn't available from the chevrolet APP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.