GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine if my daughters folded wheelchair will fit in the Volt 2 trunk. Can someone measure your Volt 2 trunk in Height width and length with the rear seats up?

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's about 37-38" wide (slightly rounded at the back), about 33" long with the back seats up and around 17" high at the far back (rapidly increasing as you go forward). The safest way to tell whether the wheelchair fits is to try it out at a Volt dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Very helpful. Thanks! Yes I will try it at the dealer. The 17” height measurement is the only one that worries me, but if it increases to 24” by the midpoint, I might be ok.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
The trunk for some reason looks smaller than it is.
Not with the seats up, which is critical to the OP. Seats up, the trunk is actually quite small, so, as suggested, best to try before you buy.

Also keep in mind that access to the back seat can be awkward for anyone not flexible and agile.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Excellent! Very helpful. Thanks! Yes I will try it at the dealer. The 17” height measurement is the only one that worries me, but if it increases to 24” by the midpoint, I might be ok.
It's about 25" at the mid point up to the glass in the hatch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
See if your dealer will let you take an extended test drive. It will not only let you figure out if the trunk is big enough, it will let you a better feel for getting in and out of the car on a regular basis. No point if the wheelchair fits if your daughter can't get in and out without too much difficulty.

I was offered a 4 day test drive...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts