GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 3 month subscription is about to expire and I am a bit confused.

Does the 3 years of free OnStar (on my 3 year leased Volt) offer some tie-in to the Nav as well? Or is it just some system where I can call OnStar and get turn-by-turn navigation (which maybe helpful in some instances, is not what I am looking for).

Here in Los Angeles, I find tying the Nav ability to determine alternative routing during high traffic episodes essential.

Does anyone know if SiriusXM traffic can be purchased without a continuing subscription to the underlying radio service?

What is the difference between SiriusXM Traffic and NavTraffic, both offered by SiriusXM?

·
Registered
200 Posts
OnStar allows for the turn-by-turn or send to nav options.

I purchased the XM NavTraffic-only package (no music) for $46 a year.

As far as I can tell, there's no difference between NavTraffic and SiriusXM Traffic. Even their description pages are almost exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I don't have Nav or SiriusXM, but I can use voice commands to get traffic and weather from OnStar.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Give the Onstar nav thing a try (apparently you have Not used it, yet, but you Have it available, and at no cost) and then you will know if it does what you want, or if you need a different solution. I do Not think Onstar will provide "on the fly" traffic avoidance/alternate route updates, but it's something that I can't test - where I live and drive traffic is not a concern. Ever.

Push the Onstar button and Ask, it's *free*..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts