GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All! First post and 3 week owner of a New to me - 2015 Volt.

I discovered how to use Siri eyes free... it seems that even the folks at On-star / GM didn't know and there is no reference to it in the manual.

Perform long press on the push to talk button on the steering wheel 2-3 seconds or so. You should hear the familiar ping ping and then Siri should come on. if you just push the PTT button, you wake up the volt's lady assistant instead.

Did some searches and could not find this tip, so I figured I would contribute.:)

--Edit--
upon posting the "similar threads" list is chock full of details on this.. I guess I didn't search hard enough...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Thanks for posting. Someone else is bound to find your observation useful. However, my smart phone is a Galaxy (android). No soup for me 8^)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Thanks for posting. Someone else is bound to find your observation useful. However, my smart phone is a Galaxy (android). No soup for me 8^)
It will still work, with the right version of google now/google play services installed. Unless Samsung broke it with their 'wonderful' customizations.
It's not fully featured at this point, but you can at least reply to texts by voice (see my signature)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts