GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get irritated when I park and go.to open a passenger door or the trunk without pressing the unlock button. I just forget as it's not intuitive that only the driver door was unlocked. I have a work Ford explorer that does the same thing. Makes.me nuts. Perhaps a setting somewhere I don't know about????
Having all doors and trunk unlock together when put into Park would be much nicer!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Personalization section of the owners manual. Auto Door Unlock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And even better, get out of the car and walk away, with your key in your pocket still, it can lock quite automatically and advise you via the horn it did happen!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I get irritated when I park and go.to open a passenger door or the trunk without pressing the unlock button. I just forget as it's not intuitive that only the driver door was unlocked...
Press the driver's outside unlock button twice and all doors will unlock. I believe that the hatch is always locked except when the key fob is in range.

KNS

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Personalization section of the owners manual. Auto Door Unlock.
Yep, there is a setting where you can choose "driver's door" or "all doors".

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I get irritated when I park and go.to open a passenger door or the trunk without pressing the unlock button. I just forget as it's not intuitive that only the driver door was unlocked. I have a work Ford explorer that does the same thing. Makes.me nuts. Perhaps a setting somewhere I don't know about????
Having all doors and trunk unlock together when put into Park would be much nicer!
What year is your car? Have you referred to the manual?

·
4,851 Posts
Yep, there is a setting where you can choose "driver's door" or "all doors".
Yes. Although this is for the door buttons, and not the fob. I think the fob is always drivers door first. I could be wrong though.

As others suggest, change the config settings for all doors whenever you press a door button, and you'll be in good shape.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
My 1995 Buick Regal had the feature when shfting to "Park" with the engine off will unlock all the doors (not the trunk). It can be disabled for security reasons (such as children in the rear getting out) by removing a fuse as explained in the manual, since it was before the BCM (Body Control Module) existed. My 2009 Equinox also has the same feature and has a BCM, but it also needs a fuse removed to disable.

I prefer manual unlocking and locking over the automatic actuation, because I see many persons leave their stuff (and kids) inside their locked cars. I still instst that we humans must be aware and conscient of our actions with regards to safety, and we must voluntary act to lock and unlock our cars and homes to be sure we are doing it correctly. Auto locking is handy but can be a life-threatening issue someday. If I get a new vehcile with auto locking I may disble it.

I hope future vehicles have a vibrating fob such that if the owner does forget something, the fob will vibrate and remind the owner (I have this in my Samsung Gear watch if I leave my phone). Maybe it will squeal out (add a small speaker and amp inside)!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts