1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Simple walk around video

Supposedly the stats are :

Battery: 47 kWh
NEDC range: 341 km (219 mi), Realistic range (?): 240 km (150 mi)
Motor: 194 hp, 220 ft-lb of torque
Top speed: 170 kph (106 mph)
0-100 kph (0-60 mph): 3.8 s 8.2 s
Kerb weight: 1585 kg (3500 lb)
Price before subsidies: 228K-258K RMB (33.5K-38K USD)
Price after subsidies: 136K-166K RMB (20K-24.5K USD)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I like it. Might be a tad short on range compared to competition to make people buy it. The quality of the details (seat coverings) might be lacking (but then so was Hyundai's first forays), with no test drive reviews one can't make a definite statement but it looks like it just needs a little nip and tuck here and there....and a bigger battery. It's not going up against Tesla, it's going up against Kona, Niro, Bolt, Soul and they are 240+ miles. 150 or 220 are not going to cut it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Haha, so Chinese. Looks like a Model 3 nose on an iPace. The similarity only works from a distance, a long way a way. The closer you get, the more differences you see. I particularly like the frunk! With such a tiny battery, they should have been able to put a bathtub in the front.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Sure, open a factory here while we rip off your design.
It might look like a Model 3 at first glance for the Model 3 copied the '68 Dune Buggy which made for good tobogganing down snow banks or cruising over tall grass and shrubs. More apropos to the AWD version perhaps. This one looks more like it would cut through the water better, perhaps in the next James Bond movie where it turns into a submarine. Where's the missile launch button.

As far as the back half, looks like the modern European SUV, eTron/iPace etc.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I didn't say what it looks like, yet it was pretty obvious wasn't it? I saw it again when I looked at the dash. I'm not going to say where. That should be obvious too.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I actually don't think this is a direct ripoff of any one thing in particular. The exterior design makes it look like a Bolt EV with a Model 3 nose. The interior looks like a two-row Model X.

I will say that I don't really have room to talk about dirty vehicles, but if you're going to put a car in a showroom, you might want to vacuum the carpets.

Also, it's somewhat hard to tell build quality from a video, but that vehicle looks rather unsubstantial by U.S. build quality standards.

·
Registered
2016 Volt Premier, delivered Oct/15
672 Posts
All part of the plan to copy western technology, and then put the companies out of business using their cheap clones. Has worked many times, they are still trying it with Apple ( Chineses iPhone clone).

Many times the product has the appearance of the original, but lacks fine engineering details and safety designs. Aviation industry is closely monitored to prevent Chineses substandard parts from creeping into planes.

Wish the food industry would wisen up, I never buy any food product made in China (remember the melamine in the milk scandal?). Luckily the executives who did this were lined up against the wall.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Sure, open a factory here while we rip off your design.
You mean like every car looks like every other car? They all do it. All the SUV's looks the same. All the sedans look the same. You can only tell the difference by looking at the manufacturer's symbol. Any car that looks different is termed "ugly" (not saying their aren't one off type designs out there that couldn't do better). That same goes for interior. The nineties has flat black dashes (which I liked). The 2010's have what I call techno dashes with all sorts of metal/metallic trim to shine reflections/sunlight into your eyes. That was fine in the 60's with their metal dashes but no excuse for it now. They should know better. When you accuse the Chinese of copying you should also look in the proverbial mirror. They didn't just start building electric cars, they've been doing it for years. I remember watching a show years ago where they did a tour through China (it might have been BBC, they did a series of going through different countries) and in part of that tour was stopping in at a Chinese electric car manufacturing plant. That was before I even knew China did electric cars.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You mean like every car looks like every other car? They all do it. .
There is sufficient differentiation in nose and tails of cars to give each brand a distinct take on every class of car. It isn't just badges. I remember Mitsubishi, in particular the Starion of the 80s with a very digital looking dash. With regards to modern cars one of the reasons I chose the Tesla is because the interior, in particular the dash, reminded me of all those concept cars that looked so cool but no one would build for fear of alienating the consumer

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Not to mention my '88 Toyota Tercel AWD Wagon has a jeep type grille (the only year that carried it).

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
"Best-known aerodynamics" doesn't leave a whole lot of room for wildly differing looks. And it seems mostly, we're learning a thing, and if it's enough better to make it worth changing one car, it's worth changing ALL of them to be similar. That's just how physics works sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts