GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
21,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen this on TV. Has anyone?

The message about using electricity with gas for extending range is pretty clear: "An everyday electric car, with gas for longer trips." I like the ipad shot showing that oil rigs used to stand where wind turbines now turn.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Now that is the best Volt commercial yet!

That really ought to sell some Volts....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I hadn't seen it in its entirety... just the clips used in the Superbowl commercial.

I, for one, think it sucks balls. It gives virtually no info on the Volt, and instead it spends most of the time focusing on that stupid robot dog. WTF is the deal with that thing???

And apparently in this reality, it's not ok to let your daughter have a real dog, but when a wild animal walks up to your car, it's totally cool to roll down your car window so that the aforementioned wild animal can stick its head inside the car and nuzzle with your daughter and her retarded robot dog. (Facepalm)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
The Super Bowl commercial was longer, and had other Chevy vehicles besides the Volt. Looks like they may have added a couple of scenes in this commercial.

Seriously, wtf is up with the robotic dog?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice review JSMAY! I'm reading this at 7 am and you just made coffee come thru my nose! I agree, too "touching", and too unrelated to the car. Did it mean if you buy a Volt, deer will approach you in the woods? The least they could have done was show another cameo of the energy usage screen, showing 250+mpg on this charge and 150+ lifetime! Or highlighted the safety aspects when the Buffalo decides to head butt them on their next stop.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I, for one, think it sucks balls. It gives virtually no info on the Volt, and instead it spends most of the time focusing on that stupid robot dog. WTF is the deal with that thing???
I agree. I thought it was a horrible commercial. Again, focusing on nature, etc. They really just aren't seeing the target market for this car. I could make a commercial for the Volt that would be 10x better than anything GM has done and I could do it with a budget of about $5,000 to $10,000. Give me the money GM, I'll show you how it is done!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Saw the parts that were in the Super Bowl advertisement, but nothing since.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Best Volt ad ever

This ad hits a few simple points, and does it well IMHO:

• 'best of both worlds' of Voltec: Ipad time warp showing electric generation and oil production overlaid
  • Green credentials: iPad time warp showing electric generation and oil production. For liberals and green people, it sends the message of 'clean'. At the same time it does not annoy republicans or people who don't care about green.
  • A practical EV that is fit for a family. The scenery suggests that you can take on a long road trip.
  • Cute girl and cute robodog show you don't need to be afraid of cool new technology. Tomorrows technology is here, and it is great!

Hands down the best Volt ad ever. Its brilliant.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Best Volt ad ever: +1

I hope they run it in a test market area, and I hope the result is a positive uptick in area Volt sales.

Regarding the "gives virtually no info on the Volt" comments, you appear to have missed the "best of both worlds" theme.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The robot dog says that this is a family not afraid of technology, and the deer approaching the car says that nature is not afraid of the Volt.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I think it's a decent ad. It doesn't need to be the only one, but it's a good presentation of the message.

The deer part is interesting to me. We have deer in our neighborhood (Westchester, north of NYC) and I regularly have to either use the pedestrian horn or just stop because some deer are not intimidated by the Volt.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Wonder if this is intended to help clear the 2013 inventory. Published last week on YouTube, May 15, and I have not seen it on TV yet, just the montage for the all new Chevy models and the intro to the "Find New Roads" slogan.

Glass half-full, hey, at least it is not this, right?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Why can't they just put up a bold caption during the commercial?

- 40 ELECTRIC MILES PER CHARGE
- UNLIMITED GASOLINE MILES

Nobody understands this because they don't know how to say it....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've about given up on seeing any more Volt ads on broadcast TV, but if I were in Chevy Marketing I'd consider a program in which dealers could set up a "Volt Corral" (to reincarnate an old theme) in front of which I would post a very large banner saying
"LOOK, MA, NO GAS! * in huge letters and in smaller copy * GAS WHEN YOU NEED IT THE ELECTRIC CHEVY VOLT DRIVE ONE TODAY!
I also think that if Chevy provided a large enough cash bonus to sales reps, they would fly off the shelves, at least in metropolitan areas.(maybe they already do....)

·
Administrator
21,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't seen or heard a Volt ad in ages. Leaf ads I hear on NPR regularly. Prius ads I see on TV.

I think this ad is way better than some in the past. Good music, good scenery, animals, a family, and technology. The single message is clear. The robo-dog? A bit distracting, but it does convey "future" and "high tech".

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I haven't seen or heard a Volt ad in ages. Leaf ads I hear on NPR regularly. Prius ads I see on TV.

I think this ad is way better than some in the past. Good music, good scenery, animals, a family, and technology. The single message is clear. The robo-dog? A bit distracting, but it does convey "future" and "high tech".

It needs to stop conveying the "future" and needs to start conveying the here and now. It needs to tell people that they too can realistically and easily drive one and it is fun and practical to do so. Also the deer reminds me of the polar bear LEAF commercial, which even though resonated with me, it didn't with most people. However deer and cars do not mix all that well, especially at night, and especially when the car is so quiet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts