GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're shopping for a new car and have come down to deciding between Audi a3 e-tron and Volt. We're offered great prices on both, we think, and we're leaning toward Volt for practical reasons. I just want to see if the offer we got on Volt is great enough that we need to pull the trigger right now or if we should shop around a bit more to try to find better deal.
The Volt we're looking at is pretty loaded DC1&2 with ACC and Navi, and the dealer is offering $37600 which comes out to about $41000 out the door. I want to see if I try to score Private offer which I guess should be coming up again soon to take the price down a bit or if the price already great enough that is not worth waiting for. Perhaps I can just for some dealer option like cargo mat or maybe some discounts on onstar data options? Is there any further negotiating points?
Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
We're shopping for a new car and have come down to deciding between Audi a3 e-tron and Volt. We're offered great prices on both, we think, and we're leaning toward Volt for practical reasons. I just want to see if the offer we got on Volt is great enough that we need to pull the trigger right now or if we should shop around a bit more to try to find better deal.
The Volt we're looking at is pretty loaded DC1&2 with ACC and Navi, and the dealer is offering $37600 which comes out to about $41000 out the door. I want to see if I try to score Private offer which I guess should be coming up again soon to take the price down a bit or if the price already great enough that is not worth waiting for. Perhaps I can just for some dealer option like cargo mat or maybe some discounts on onstar data options? Is there any further negotiating points?
Thanks for the help.
Well, knowing the MSRP would be a good start. Also, need to know what incentives are included in that 37,600 price.
I would suggest waiting until at least this weekend. Private offers *should* activate sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, knowing the MSRP would be a good start. Also, need to know what incentives are included in that 37,600 price.
I would suggest waiting until at least this weekend. Private offers *should* activate sometime this weekend.
The MSRP was $41000. Supposedly, the sales manager is throwing in a $500 "coupon" but didn't say anything about rebates or incentives. I don't qualify for any of the incentives I can see on Chevy website. I'll be applying for 0% financing offer though. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got great deal on 2017 Premier Volt with just about every electronic options

Hi Somename,

I'm in the closing phase of buying a 2017 Premiere with same package as yours, plus the Pearl finish for $36,900 with MSRP of 41805. The black and brandy leather seats are very hard to come by, and I finally got one with great price.

·
Registered
322 Posts
As always earlier in the model year will allow you to get exactly the car you want. Later in the year, you may get bigger discounts, but will have to choose from what's in stock.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I would hold off for awhile. Gas is still $2-$3 per gallon and hybrids and electric cars are not exactly flying off the shelves.

I would have to believe that GM may offer perhaps a 20% off MSRP on all remaining 2017 Volts in a few weeks like they did for the 2016 Volt. Its a no brainer when you can get $7,000 off a new car and perhaps another $1,000-3,000 off from the dealer, $10,000-11,000 off MSRP for a new Volt is hard to walk away from. Our 2016 Volt LTZ that we got $11,000 off MSRP is a perfect example..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the help.
The best deal i found on a 2016 Premier was around July 4th when GM offered 20% off PLUS a dealer discount of $4500=$12500 OFF or a $40000 Volt at $27500 (less $7500 federal writeoff and any state incentives if they apply)
Now that the 2017 Volt is nationwide and the competition is getting much stiffer (with almost every manufacturer releasing a plug in this year or next year)...I feel we will see these types of deals offered again on the 2017 Volt toward year end especially with gas prices remaining low.
Also WILL THERE BE A BATTERY IMPROVEMENT OFFERED toward Year End as a 2017 1/2 or, 2018 model to maintain the Volt as a Competitive #1 Sales Leader??
Time is your friend and you will be rewarded by waiting :)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
One option is to lease, if you have any negative thoughts about leasing I'd advise you learn about the process...In the CARB states many are leasing LT's for $0-$1500 drive off for $170/mo and ACC Premiers for $0-$1500 down and $300/mo...

Also WILL THERE BE A BATTERY IMPROVEMENT OFFERED toward Year End as a 2017 1/2 or, 2018
Do you have a source on this? I actually believe this but haven't heard anything official...

·
Registered
118 Posts
One option is to lease, if you have any negative thoughts about leasing I'd advise you learn about the process...In the CARB states many are leasing LT's for $0-$1500 drive off for $170/mo and ACC Premiers for $0-$1500 down and $300/mo...

Do you have a source on this? I actually believe this but haven't heard anything official...
We are seeing battery breakthroughs weekly and as the competition rolls out the newer lighter longer range batteries for less cost...so will GM and anyone who wants to stay competitive

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are seeing battery breakthroughs weekly and as the competition rolls out the newer lighter longer range batteries for less cost...so will GM and anyone who wants to stay competitive
Thanks for the inputs. It does seem like I don't need to rush into the decision though we don't really want to wait till next year before buying our car. And I don't think lease is really an option for us since we do take a few road trips a year.

How likely is the deep discounts on '17 Volts within next couple of months? I don't mind waiting a couple months, but I'm not sure '17 models will get significant discounts before next year? I'm guessing Volts are not selling great, but I don't think there is a glut of inventory either. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Thanks for the inputs. It does seem like I don't need to rush into the decision though we don't really want to wait till next year before buying our car. And I don't think lease is really an option for us since we do take a few road trips a year.

How likely is the deep discounts on '17 Volts within next couple of months? I don't mind waiting a couple months, but I'm not sure '17 models will get significant discounts before next year? I'm guessing Volts are not selling great, but I don't think there is a glut of inventory either. Thanks for your thoughts.
I wouldn't hold my breath for another 20% off sale this year....MAYBE GM might push out some Black Friday or New Year's special, but who knows. Most likely there won't be a 20% off firesale till next summer.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm shopping for a 17 premium. Chevy seems to have a tight rein on inventory, so I'm not expecting big discounts any time soon. There is 60 month @ 0 financing which is the promo at the moment.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath for another 20% off sale this year....MAYBE GM might push out some Black Friday or New Year's special, but who knows. Most likely there won't be a 20% off firesale till next summer.
You could be right; however, with gas prices being anemic, I wouldn't be surprised at all if inventory builds up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts