GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some comments/videos on YouTube that say the floor mats on the Volt are cheap and aftermarket mats would be better. Also the dealer installed cargo net and hooks on the Volt seem flimsy.

Can anyone who has these comment? Maybe they are better on the 2014?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
The heavy duty GM rubber mats are great. No complaints. Maybe they're talking about the standard mat?

The cargo net is great for keeping small things from rolling around. Not heavy duty but highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've seen some comments/videos on YouTube that say the floor mats on the Volt are cheap and aftermarket mats would be better. Also the dealer installed cargo net and hooks on the Volt seem flimsy.

Can anyone who has these comment? Maybe they are better on the 2014?

Thanks!
I can't agree with those comments. I have the OEM rubber floor mats, front and rear, and they are as good as any mats I have ever had. Plus they have the Volt emblem! Now, the rear cargo mat? It the best thing I have bought for my Volt. Things stay put now instead of sliding around on the carpet.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I need the rear cargo rubber mat for the sliding help, but also to help cut the high pitched noise from the APM. Dealer and GM say the ear piercing noise is normal. Bah. It is like a long sustained cricket noise and I hope the mat can help. When I put things in the back, like my laptop case or a suitcase over the APM, it helps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The heavy duty GM rubber mats are great. No complaints. Maybe they're talking about the standard mat?

The cargo net is great for keeping small things from rolling around. Not heavy duty but highly recommended.
Hmm... could be. I don't know the difference between the "standard" mat you are talking about and the "All Weather Floor Mats" that are an $110 option. MrEnergyCzar talks about these mats in one of his YouTube videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYPI0RO_qM4 at about 5:25.

The cargo net was my own observation during the test drive. I guess it doesn't have to be very strong to carry groceries but at $60 it seems a bit overpriced.

In the grand scheme of things when buying a $40K car I guess it doesn't matter. I just want to make sure I'm getting good quality mats even if I have to buy them aftermarket.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need the rear cargo rubber mat for the sliding help, but also to help cut the high pitched noise from the APM. Dealer and GM say the ear piercing noise is normal. Bah. It is like a long sustained cricket noise and I hope the mat can help. When I put things in the back, like my laptop case or a suitcase over the APM, it helps.
Oh boy. I didn't know about this noise you are talking about. If it's similar to the high pitched noise my Prius makes I'm ok with it because I'm used to it. If it's different I may have a new problem here.

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
380 Posts
I bot aftermarket rubber mats fr and rr when I discovered Weatertech was not available, paid $85. Look very sharp/w Volt logo. Now I think the Weathertech mats are available but I'm happy with what I got. part number 19243441 MAT PKG

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Hmm... could be. I don't know the difference between the "standard" mat you are talking about and the "All Weather Floor Mats" that are an $110 option.
The mats he has are different than the ones I got. The ones I have are heavy duty rubber. His are thicker but still carpet.

The cargo net is probably overpriced but I use it all the time for stuff that would otherwise roll around. So I'm good with it.

Even better is that after rebates the Volt is more like a $27K than a $40K car. What a deal! LOL

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I have the GM rubber all weather mat's and these puppies are think and heavy especially the rear cargo mat. There is nothing cheap or flimsy about the cargo net, it's as good as any other manufactures so I don't know what your expecations are, but they are both as good if not better than other manufacture accessories. I got $25 off the mats and $25 off the cargo net from my dealer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does the rear cargo mat affect the sub woofer at all?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Does the rear cargo mat affect the sub woofer at all?
I don't know. Do we all have sub woofer or do you have to have the Bose upgrade? And where is this sub woofer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
If equipped with a sub-woofer, my understanding is that it is under the rear hatch floor. Maybe only those with the Bose upgraded stereo have it but I do not know for sure. The Chevrolet website lists it with the upgraded sound system.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
If equipped with a sub-woofer, my understanding is that it is under the rear hatch floor. Maybe only those with the Bose upgraded stereo have it but I do not know for sure. The Chevrolet website lists it with the upgraded sound system.
I have the standard radio, so I'm pretty sure that I don't have a sub woofer.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have the standard cloth floor mats which I think are cheap and unworthy of my $44K Volt. I replaced them immediately with $20 cut to fit all-weather mats from Sam's which are much better. I've had identical cargo nets in other cars and I don't much like them. It's nothing I would pay $60 for. Just my opinion, of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts