GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shoppers in Canada may wait nearly a year to buy new Chevy Bolt EV

Kent Wallace reported to us last week that Toronto-area dealerships were quoting shoppers an 8- to 12-month wait for the 238-mile electric car.

A GM spokeswoman in Canada confirmed the delay.

"There is currently a waiting list for the Bolt EV in Canada. This is not uncommon with launch products, particularly such unique game changers like the Bolt EV. We have also seen an increase in demand for the popular Volt," Amanda Michalik said in a statement.

Wallace followed suit. Frustrated after being told he'd have to wait for up to a year for a new Bolt EV, Wallace said he purchased a new Volt instead.

"Frustrating experience. They need to have dealers and manufacturing on same page," he wrote.

(Full Story at Green Car Reports)
Bummer.........

·
Administrator
20,431 Posts
No one bothered to ask GM why?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
When I started haunting showrooms looking for a Bolt around this time last year salesman after salesman told me "6 months" and "you won't be able to get one until next year's model". But when I ponied up with some money in the fall they suddenly seemed to come out of the woodwork and I ended up with the exact one I was looking for within about a month.

·
Administrator
20,431 Posts
Anyone considered a cross border buy?

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Did this get resolved?

This recall notice has shown up on the Canadian Chevrolet Owner Centre website; has it appeared in the US yet?

GM Recall #: N182148180
Transport Canada Recall #: XXXXX
Date Issued: Jan 04, 2018
Recall Title: Front Windshield Wiper Stall

Recall Description: Certain 2017-2018 Model Year Chevrolet Bolt EV vehicles may experience front windshield wiper stall when coming out of the park position at specific angles during unique cold, snowy conditions, due to a software calculation error.

Safety Risk Description: If one or both windshield wipers were to stall, it may impair the driver’s visibility under certain operating conditions, increasing the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property.

Repair Description: Dealers will replace the front wiper motors with new wiper motors equipped with an improved software algorithm.

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE

K

·
0 Posts
Yup. I asked almost every dealership in Ontario and even some in Quebec. 6 to 8 month and not guaranteed. Frustrating. It makes you want to wait for Koda or even Tesla.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Saw posted on other forums that now 5 months later they are getting new motors for the wipers.

This recall notice has shown up on the Canadian Chevrolet Owner Centre website; has it appeared in the US yet?
GM Recall #: N182148180
Transport Canada Recall #: XXXXX
Date Issued: Jan 04, 2018
Recall Title: Front Windshield Wiper Stall

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
This is one of the reasons GM is probably upping production:
GM plans expanded Bolt production, 20 new electric vehicles by 2023
They can't forget the trucks and shareholders are reminding them.

But some shareholders at the meeting reminded the automaker to stay focused on its primary business model of making gasoline-powered cars. Some analysts agree.

“Mary Barra and GM are reinforcing their message and strategy to lead in electric and autonomous vehicles,” said Michelle Krebs, executive analyst for AutoTrader in Detroit.

“Yet GM’s most important launch comes this fall when it goes to market with the redesigned Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks. Those trucks and the beefy profits they produce are the fuel to finance the high-tech future.”

In remarks to shareholders, Barra said GM recognizes the importance of a flawless launch of its new pickups this fall, adding, “These trucks will accelerate our profitability in the coming years.”

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Anyone considered a cross border buy?
You have to bring it up to Canadian standards, mostly lighting I believe and I've read this can be programed by the dealer so not a biggy but this is. You have to buy it in your province to get your provincial discounts, $5,000 in BC plus $6,000 for scrap it if you have an old trade in for a total of $11,000, $11,000 in Quebec I believe, varies by province. That's off the top non of this federal tax credit. Even used have EV discounts although you can get some good buys in the states what with their volume available. Still have to pay GST tax at the border and PST when you register it plus the "from out of country" safety check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts