GM Volt Forum banner

SHIFTER KNOBS,for GEN 1

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mister Dave 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I wish I could ditch it altogether, and reuse that space for something else. Seems entirely pointless in a car that doesn't have selectable gears in the transmission, and I've thought about replacing the whole thing with an electric actuator and a rotary encoder knob. But at the moment I've got a ton of other things on my plate, so I'm subscribing to this just to see if anyone else comes up with anything.

#4 ·
In my case I have a voltage meter for the 12v battery in the space for storage in front of the shifter, and being so bulky makes reading from the outide the car difficult, you have to read it before you open any door to have accurate number: 12.65 full battery, 13.7 while charging etc...A thinner shift knob will be helpful.

#5 ·
I don't understand why The Volt designers bothered to put such a large clunky shifter in the car to begin with. As Odd as the Selector is in my Gen 2 Prius, it is effortless and up out of the way. It's a momentary joy stick switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.