GM Volt Forum banner

Did your dealership fix the SHIFT-TO-PARK issue under the VOLTEC WARRANTY?

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • If yes where please?

Votes: 1 7.7%

Gen 2 SHIFT TO PARK / TSB 19-NA-206 / Please share your dealership if they fixed this issue under VOLTEC WARRANTY

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  fredevad2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello - Please share your dealership if they fixed this SHIFT TO PARK issue under VOLTEC WARRANTY.

I provided the TSB 19-NA-206 as many have said that it worked for them eventually.

Also I was lucky enough to find information that if the switch and harness do not fix the issue and the shifter assembly needs to replaced that it can be done under warranty if the dealership contacts GMTAC for approval.

Phone call in to GM and a CASE created and am still waiting for GM to get together with DEALERSHIP.

Maybe if I can find dealerships that are familiar with this and have done the repairs under warranty, they could help advise my dealership!

Thank you for your help!

2018 Green Mist Metallic Volt

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks for posting the TSB bulletin. I couldn't find the most recent one. Oddly, earlier this year the 2016 Volt was removed from coverage under the Voltec warranty - but the May 2021 version apparently reinstates it.

Anyway, the dealer did the wiring harness thing a while back (covered under Voltec warranty because the car was out of B2B), but now we're starting to get more shift-to-parks. So I didn't vote because "dealer tried to fix it with a stupid fix that everyone knows won't last" wasn't an option :LOL:.

#7 ·
I'm late to the party on this one, but I was able to get this fix done (shift to park error after parking) on our 2017 Volt (26k miles) a couple of weeks ago under the Voltec Warranty at Flagstaff Chevrolet in Flagstaff, AZ. Thank you to all the posters in the past couple of years on this issue as I went in with the TSB (see the attachment by the OP). I did need to explain to the service person that this repair was under the Voltec Warranty as the tech had told them that it wasn't covered because the B2B was expired. I give them some credit for listening and finding it in their system. Thankfully they had the parts so it was a relatively painless experience. Definitely recommend taking in the TSB and pointing out the Volt coverage on the last page at the top right under Warranty Information.

Also we found that in the short term, prior to getting into the dealership, simply depressing the button on the front of the shifter a couple of times would clear the error within a few clicks. So thanks to whomever suggested that move.

#8 ·
I'm also coming late to the party. My 2018 Volt (new to me 1 YR ago 35,000 miles) just got several Shift to Park errors over the last couple of days. And yes as HighCountryVolt suggests, "simply depressing the button on the front of the shifter a couple of times would clear the error within a few clicks" does work. I contacted dealer and after discussing the TSB mentioned here, I have an appointment next Tuesday. Only thing that made me go HMMMM is he said he would not be able to tell me if parts guys would make sure they have parts until I get there. Really do not want to drive 30 miles to find out they have to order parts and send me home. But what can I do but try. I'm dropping of Monday to get loaner, at least that's a plus.

#9 ·
Ed Bozarth Chevy in Lone Tree, CO. They were unhappy that they couldn't just replace the assembly on the first trip. The service advisor told me GM required they replace the harness first and that I'd be back in to get the entire shift assembly replaced. He was right - less than two weeks later the car was back in for the shifter assembly replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.