GM Volt Forum banner

Did your dealership fix the SHIFT-TO-PARK issue under the VOLTEC WARRANTY?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • If yes where please?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Green Mist Metallic LT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello - Please share your dealership if they fixed this SHIFT TO PARK issue under VOLTEC WARRANTY.

I provided the TSB 19-NA-206 as many have said that it worked for them eventually.

Also I was lucky enough to find information that if the switch and harness do not fix the issue and the shifter assembly needs to replaced that it can be done under warranty if the dealership contacts GMTAC for approval.

Phone call in to GM and a CASE created and am still waiting for GM to get together with DEALERSHIP.

Maybe if I can find dealerships that are familiar with this and have done the repairs under warranty, they could help advise my dealership!

Thank you for your help!

2018 Green Mist Metallic Volt

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Green Mist Metallic LT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello - Please share your dealership if they fixed this SHIFT TO PARK issue under VOLTEC WARRANTY.

I provided the TSB 19-NA-206 as many have said that it worked for them eventually.

Also I was lucky enough to find information that if the switch and harness do not fix the issue and the shifter assembly needs to replaced that it can be done under warranty if the dealership contacts GMTAC for approval.

Phone call in to GM and a CASE created and am still waiting for GM to get together with DEALERSHIP.

Maybe if I can find dealerships that are familiar with this and have done the repairs under warranty, they could help advise my dealership!

Thank you for your help!

2018 Green Mist Metallic Volt
Hurray for the people who voted Yes their dealership did fix STP under VOLTEC warranty - please share your great dealership names

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thanks for posting the TSB bulletin. I couldn't find the most recent one. Oddly, earlier this year the 2016 Volt was removed from coverage under the Voltec warranty - but the May 2021 version apparently reinstates it.

Anyway, the dealer did the wiring harness thing a while back (covered under Voltec warranty because the car was out of B2B), but now we're starting to get more shift-to-parks. So I didn't vote because "dealer tried to fix it with a stupid fix that everyone knows won't last" wasn't an option :LOL:.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Our 2018 Volt had this done twice: once at 14k miles when they installed a harness and once at 19k miles when they replaced the shifter, both under warranty. Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny Iowa did it seamlessly, no questions asked, parts in stock, no problems at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.