GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in to leave after short charge, not sure if I pushed the start button twice. Now have High voltage Service warning and the following codes: P0AA6, P0ABC, P1FFF, P1E00,

Assuming it needs to be towed but can't in it's current position.
Wondering if pushing it in neutral will damage anything ...

And I'm in Houston...any dealer recommendation would be appreciated

·
Registered
307 Posts
Pushing the car will not hurt it. With these codes, you should still be able to drive the car but not charge. If the car drives, then you should be good to drive it. The onboard computers will not let you harm the car so if there is a problem that will cause a major issue, the car will not move. Looking at the codes you may have a low coolant level in the drive motor battery. Your car should still run on the engine only.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Pearland. Was thinking Frede or Mac Haik.
Car will not start/run. Perhaps I'm missing something ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I took my 2012 to Lone Star in Northwest Houston (Jersey Village) back in August when I got the Service High Voltage system. I was able to drive the car to the dealer, and they fixed it under the Voltec warranty with no fuss. I supposedly had a small leak at a hose connection (the level was only down a little from the full line), and they had to replace the coolant level sensor to get rid of the codes.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The car should run and drive with those codes. Only tow it on a flatbed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assume the ICE should be starting in this condition...so far,it hasn't. Battery coolant reservoir is full,BTW

·
Registered
307 Posts
May need to update a few modules, there is a bulletin for this issue.

·
Registered
224 Posts
These cars are rolling computers. When I have issues, the first thing I always check is the status and health of the 12v system since it is so easy to do and cost nothing. A 2011 or 12 is getting old enough (especially in the south) for the smallish 12v battery to start having age related problems.

If OK, then escalate to dealer, tow, etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the first thing I did. 12.9V , charged it anyway. Ran perfectly 10 min before. Wondering if the EVSE or charge port may be bad.
Anyway, flatbed on the way...

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's the first thing I did. 12.9V , charged it anyway. Ran perfectly 10 min before. Wondering if the EVSE or charge port may be bad.
Can you power down the car, get out, close all doors, wait a minute, then get back in and power it back on? If it powers on and you can drive it, try doing so for a few minutes, then do the same sequence again (powering off, getting out, closing the door, getting back in and powering it back on) to see if the message still shows.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I assume the ICE should be starting in this condition...so far,it hasn't. Battery coolant reservoir is full,BTW

Not unless the battery buffer is low. The car will behave normally except that you won't be able to charge it. You could drive it forever like that.

Is your Voltec warranty still active? If it is, drive it to the dealer and let them fix it. If not, and you're good with computers, you can fix it yourself with a VCX Nano and new sensor (or a bypass sensor).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Too late now but I should have added that after checking 12v my next step is to do a hard reboot by disconnecting the ground terminal unless working conditions are too hazardous.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too late now but I should have added that after checking 12v my next step is to do a hard reboot by disconnecting the ground terminal unless working conditions are too hazardous.
I did that as well, left disconnected for 30 min, no change

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update -dealer is "taking the HV battery out to test individual units of the battery" . Had to do a global reset to get the car to power on..GM Tech is supposedly leading them through the troubleshooting.
Will be interested to see what they say is actually the problem...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got car back today. BECM was eventually replaced, which fixed it. looks like they fixed my Clock/date time issue as well.
After 3 visits to dealer just after purchase, I had decided to live with it. Good service and communication from Norman Frede Chevy in Houston

1 - 20 of 20 Posts