GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 130,000 miles on my 2012 Volt. The last 9000 miles without the ability to charge due to the Service High Voltage Charging System light. I had it reset twice at the dealers - no loss of fluid. They wanted to charge me $400 for the inspection the next time. I ordered the WOT sensor last Sept but it never came.

Can someone tell me what to buy and how to reset this light myself. Thx!!

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I ordered the sensor and it showed up less than a week later You should check on the order.

I think you'll need the dealer to clear the codes. Try another dealer if you don't like what happened at this one. It shouldn't be that expensive a fix if it really is the coolant level sensor, which it likely is. Crazy not be using the battery.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I ordered a WOT sensor in early summer and never got it. I ended up ordering a normal replacement sensor and a VCX Nano to do the reset myself. If you have a Windows laptop and some computer skill, it's not very hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
CCIE ...what program did you use to reset the code? Would a basic code scanner with the ability to clear a check engine light work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts