GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I feel like I might be getting screwed and would love any feedback.

My 2014 Chevy Volt got the "Service High Voltage Charging System" error. It has 130k miles and is out of warranty.

The dealership said they need 3 hours to service with a labor charge of $420. I also asked for them to change the oil as it was due. They called me back exactly 3 hours late - to the minute - to say the car was ready.

So how can they still charge my 3 hours of labor to fix the issue?

Any advice?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Dealerships still are having difficulty figuring out how their service departments are going to generate profits from these "new fangled" EV's. (aftermarket suppliers like NAPA, ETC. ) must also be in a quandary. It's going to be a new world when EV's are truly "mainstream".

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Frequently repairs are charged on a fixed time rate of how long it should take and are usually a little liberal to accommodate any "issues" that may arise such as stubborn to remove hardware. In your case it seems that the job took less time but due to the fixed repair cost you still end up paying the quoted rate. The advantage to fixed repair cost is that if sometime you take your car in and it takes longer, you aren't charged an extra hour because the technician took an hour to remove 1 hard to remove bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts