GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some strange things happened this week. The most annoying is that "Send Navigation to Car" has disappeared from the app. And for some strange reason traffic updates started appearing on my navigation screen in the car. I also noticed that the app has the marketplace and some other features on it. But no ability to send addresses to the in car navigation system. Anybody else see this?

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
Some strange things happened this week. The most annoying is that "Send Navigation to Car" has disappeared from the app. And for some strange reason traffic updates started appearing on my navigation screen in the car. I also noticed that the app has the marketplace and some other features on it. But no ability to send addresses to the in car navigation system. Anybody else see this?
It’s also in the iPhone app too. I think someone reported that the app looks different if you are not logged in. Maybe that’s the trick.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swear I'm not hallucinating. I have an Android, my apps are not set to update automatically. All I did was plug my phone in to charge overnight, and this morning the "send to navigation" is back on my app. :confused: :confused:

Last night the only option about navigation available was "upgrade navigation". That is also gone.

Onstar must have some additional control over things -- which frankly I don't like happening on my phone, and is why I don't let anything auto-update.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
App features have always disappeared/reappeared. Some of them, like the 8/12amp setting, are only active when the action makes sense. Others will disappear if the back-end OnStar account changes such the account going from free status to pay status.

It appears that these are driven by the server feed. The app does not have to update to do this.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
App features have always disappeared/reappeared. Some of them, like the 8/12amp setting, are only active when the action makes sense. Others will disappear if the back-end OnStar account changes such the account going from free status to pay status.

It appears that these are driven by the server feed. The app does not have to update to do this.
Interesting. Although to be sure I've never updated my account. If went from free trial to whatever happens after that.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The My Chevrolet app? Remember that what stuff shows up in there is controlled by the settings behind "Edit Dashboard" at the bottom of the scrolling list. Might be worth checking that it's not just turned off.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The My Chevrolet app? Remember that what stuff shows up in there is controlled by the settings behind "Edit Dashboard" at the bottom of the scrolling list. Might be worth checking that it's not just turned off.
Yes, looked there. Didn't touch anything. And the Nav option I was interested in wasn't even listed last night as an option. It's an option today :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts