GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a one of a kind VOLT, feels and smells like brand new, just purchased in Oct 2013.
The car was ALWAYS parked in my garage. I'm in Vegas but I could drive it to LA / Phoenix / Salt Lake if needed.

Very cool contemporary color scheme. Black full leather with white inserts. White console.

What makes this Volt unlike any other? Every single option available from Chevy is installed. Nav, Rear cam, Collision and Lane departure warning (front cam), leather seats, safety package 1 and 2, alloy wheels, seat heaters.

Upgrades:
The rear camera was replaced with the GM OEM part that shows a bright, crisp picture at dusk.
Complete LED and HID upgrade. Every single lightbulb in the car is nice bright energy saving LED and front lights professionally converted to 6000K HID for 5x the light power than original headlights! This one is a must-see!

From the factory:
FULL BUMPER TO BUMPER FACTORY WARRANTY until Oct 2016
EIGHT YEARS WARRANTY ON THE BATTERY

I paid extra for:
EXTENDED BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY with $0 DEDUCTIBLE(!!) until Oct 2018

This is really a NO RISK deal :)

Got any questions? Interested? Please text or call me at 702-703-6696 or PM here :)

Bring me a decent offer!!

I also have it listed on CL with LOTS of pictures:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4469447079.html

Attachments

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I suspect your priced too high, kbb.com lists a fully equipped Volt with 6000 miles in Salt Lake to be worth $26,409 from a private party.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would suggest providing more information to help out interested buyers:

- Itemize the $44K you paid
- More details about the parts and vendors used in the upgrades
- Disclose any exterior or interior blemishes, with pictures (if any)
- Are you a private party seller or a dealer (sounds like you're private party, but please confirm)
- Details about the extended warranty:
-- Who is the provider?
-- What are the terms and conditions/exclusions (link?)
-- Is it transferable?

P.S. I smiled when I saw your license plate :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Good luck w sale and your asking price. Had my 2013 w leather package and heated seats appraised at carmax yesterday and they only offered 20k w 16,600 miles.

Ian B

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick responses! As you can all tell I'm still very new here. Unfortunately I just never got around to registering here or posting before and right after getting my Volt. I'm just not so much of a forum person. I did read some really nice and interesting thread on here though. Of course I appreciate any feedback on my selling "ad" and will be happy to negotiate with anyone who's interested in the Volt.

OK to answer some of your questions from above.
I'm a private party seller. I bought the car for myself and planned to keep it for a long time. It's been the best and most fun car I have ever had! Then I just got "too hooked" on electric driving and made other decisions which now sadly kinda require I sell the Volt again. I might just keep it if I can't get a fair price for it. By all means, I'm taking a big loss but I can only lose so much!

The window sticker is here (hope the link works) https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jwyr5x7h04gzd5/2014-03-15%2004.59.04.jpg

The warranty info is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/3begl3qfshn5kr4/2014-03-16%2018.37.53.jpg

Is is the original GM extended warranty with $0 deductible! I didn't skimp when I bought the car LOL!
It is transferable! I made sure it is and the booklet even mentions it explicitly with a phone number and easy procedure on how to transfer it.

There are absolutely no (!) internal or external blemishes on the car. Not a dent, ding, scratch, anything. It's been either in my garage or on the road. Always driven safely and I got >40 miles out of the battery every time (~250WH/mi) with my driving style.

I used all Philips LEDs for the interior LED conversion and the HID kit was professionally installed in Vegas by the guys at Motivemods.com. It's a full digital slim ballast 35W kit that was specifically made for the Volt. No dark shadows like others, sharp cutoff (fully legal) and the difference between the factory lights and this was literally (pun intended!) like night and day!

I know kbb and had my experiences with it when I sold my Mercedes. I got 4k over kbb. An automated website can only "know" so much and things like extended warranty are not even an option, so here again I will have to defend the value of my car from too aggressive low balling :)

And yes, that plate will stay with me and still make sense on the other car :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Good luck w sale and your asking price. Had my 2013 w leather package and heated seats appraised at carmax yesterday and they only offered 20k w 16,600 miles.

Ian B
CarMax is loaded with Volts. They show 101 in inventory... I suspect that they aren't exactly flying off the lot and the reason for a low bid to buy your car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I suspect your priced too high, kbb.com lists a fully equipped Volt with 6000 miles in Salt Lake to be worth $26,409 from a private party.
I agree after federal and state incentives my new 2014 is about 24k with saftey 1/2 and chrome wheels

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
If I needed a used Volt I would be a buyer at $25,000 . The depreciation on the first year is pretty rough , especially considering the tax incentives and newer lower prices .

·
877 Posts
Please, if you are a serious buyer then make him an offer. Whats the point to mock his price when you have no interest in purchasing it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Agreed. If you're here to hate, just leave and go to a Prius forum and talk smack. Its a beautiful Volt, and he should ask what he wants!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
This doesn't seem to be a mock or hate. I believe the posters are just offering him genuine advice on what the market is pricing Volts. This is simply a supply and demand issue. The Volts are in high supply and low demand. That doesn't justify a premium. To me, they seem to just be stating that if he really wants to sell his Volt, he needs to price it more in line with the current market price. That is not mocking or hating; that is simply offering constructive advice. I can price my home for whatever I want. That doesn't make it worth it. But hey, somebody might come along and actually pay it. For me, I couldn't over price anything. I really enjoy giving people an honest deal right from the beginning. He probably believes his Volt is worth his asking price, but again, the market will determine that.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I know kbb and had my experiences with it when I sold my Mercedes. I got 4k over kbb. An automated website can only "know" so much and things like extended warranty are not even an option, so here again I will have to defend the value of my car from too aggressive low balling :)
I don't know if that is true, hope you get it. Edmunds.com is right in there @ $26,500 as well for a private party sale in top condition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh by all means. All posts are welcome. Of course I would be the last one trying to hard sell something that I knew wasn't worth it. I did my research. kbb, ebay, edmunds, cars.com, craigslist etc.
Problem is, so far no one has really come forward with any real offer. Just mocking the price of something someone else is selling while not really having an interest in the item being sold doesn't start the loop of constructive negotiations.

All I can say right now to whoever makes this far down the thread and actually being interested in a Volt that's in pristine condition and comes with things that can not be priced out at kbb or Edmunds is welcome to contact me for negotiations.

I have seen Volts with more miles, older model years or less options and of course lots of Volts without the transferable extended 5 yr $0 deductible GM warranty. Just making sure that it's pretty clear that this is going to be the best condition, highest equipped and best warranty covered used Volt there is right now (according to my own extensive research). So of course I'm not going to give it away at the same price as one with more miles, less warranty or fewer options :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
This doesn't seem to be a mock or hate. I believe the posters are just offering him genuine advice on what the market is pricing Volts. This is simply a supply and demand issue. The Volts are in high supply and low demand. That doesn't justify a premium. To me, they seem to just be stating that if he really wants to sell his Volt, he needs to price it more in line with the current market price. That is not mocking or hating; that is simply offering constructive advice. I can price my home for whatever I want. That doesn't make it worth it. But hey, somebody might come along and actually pay it. For me, I couldn't over price anything. I really enjoy giving people an honest deal right from the beginning. He probably believes his Volt is worth his asking price, but again, the market will determine that.

Thanks for a well reasoned answer. The silly PC talk of "hate" is totally inappropriate and irrelevant. The seller posted on a public site, and people are free to say what they please. Some folks need to review the First Amendment before they get on their soapbox. As you correctly point out, the vehicle is WORTH only what a buyer, with the money in hand, will pay for it. Not one dime more, or less. My guess is that this seller is going to take a big financial hit, but best of luck.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Thanks for a well reasoned answer. The silly PC talk of "hate" is totally inappropriate and irrelevant. The seller posted on a public site, and people are free to say what they please. Some folks need to review the First Amendment before they get on their soapbox. As you correctly point out, the vehicle is WORTH only what a buyer, with the money in hand, will pay for it. Not one dime more, or less. My guess is that this seller is going to take a big financial hit, but best of luck.
The trolls are just trying to stirrup trouble . If my Volt were struck by lighting today , I would be willing to pay $25,000 for that vehicle for the reasons I previously stated . I imagine other buyers might think different .

·
Registered
820 Posts
From the clues you dropped, it sounds like you went all in and upgraded to a Telsa or maybe even an ELR. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck, but selling a barely (1-2 year old) used car is almost always a losing proposition. Throw in the fact that you added upgrades and your investment is even greater. It will be tough to reduce your losses at this point.

Sounds like you may have caught a case of EV envy and decided that you just MUST have the latest and the greatest. Hey more power to ya brother! I feel the same way!

Problem is my wallet TOTALLY disagrees, LOL!

Like I said, best of luck, but if you wanna play you gonna PAY!

ADVICE:

It is probably not a good idea to throw the sticker price around in here as we are all rather familiar that the little ole $7,500 tax credit that the car came with. In addition I do not think you will find a lot of sympathy regarding the 2014 MY $5,000 price reduction loss you WILL be taking as many early adopters paid full MSRP back in 2010 - 2011. It is better to just put out a reasonable price minus the credit and loss plus what you feel the upgrades should command. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
It is probably not a good idea to throw the sticker price around in here as we are all rather familiar that the little ole $7,500 tax credit that the car came with.

I find nothing wrong with mentioning the sticker price . It helps people realize it's not just a base model .

·
Registered
820 Posts
I find nothing wrong with mentioning the sticker price . It helps people realize it's not just a base model .
You know I would agree anywhere else but here.

Around here people have a pretty solid grip on what a loaded 2013 Volt is worth. Therefore my advice was to "just lay it out there," what will you take for it? Only the OP can decide what the add-on's should add to the price, but only the market WILL decide what they actually do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts