GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my oil changed and haven't been able to reset warning because the DIC SELECT knob turns but does not cycle through any options. Scheduled dealer service appointment but would like to know if there is another way to resolve SELECT issue or turn off warning in a different way.
Other year models seem to have different controls or methods for handling this.

HELP

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Got my oil changed and haven't been able to reset warning because the DIC SELECT knob turns but does not cycle through any options. Scheduled dealer service appointment but would like to know if there is another way to resolve SELECT issue or turn off warning in a different way.
Other year models seem to have different controls or methods for handling this.

HELP
Turn selector knob to the oil can icon. Push in center knob button until it resets. Can't remember if it asks you if you want to reset it. You'll have to follow your nose. You can also do this if you want to reset it without changing your oil. I did this to extend oil change interval because I wasn't ready to change it yet and engine got little use beyond EMM due to pandemic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turn selector knob to the oil can icon. Push in center knob button until it resets. Can't remember if it asks you if you want to reset it. You'll have to follow your nose. You can also do this if you want to reset it without changing your oil. I did this to extend oil change interval because I wasn't ready to change it yet and engine got little use beyond EMM due to pandemic.
My selecter knob doesn't seem to work.
Nothing happens when I turn it.

Was hoping for an alternate method of resetting oil warning message,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts