GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Probably just a dummy. His idea that he should have preference for his i-Miev despite saying he didn't need a charge and was just going to "top off", is astounding stupid. Additionally the whole "to each according to his need" mantra is simply too 1920s for me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Probably just a dummy. His idea that he should have preference for his i-Miev despite saying he didn't need a charge and was just going to "top off", is astounding stupid. Additionally the whole "to each according to his need" mantra is simply too 1920s for me.
Exactly....tell him to get in line!

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
He's the president of an EV club? Apparently knowledge about EV's is not a requirement.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
According to their website, he's been active in promoting EV's for 30+ years.
If so, then his idea of a good EV is a home-conversion. Everything else isn't any good at all - especially those with large R&D engineering staffs.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Only two ways out of this, he either "mispoke or was mis-quoted" or he's an idiot.

·
1,101 Posts
Most of the old school EV clubs are Home-Brew types.

They will never get over their hate of GM for the EV-1 fiasco.

I gave a lot of thought to building my own electric car over the years.

But the Volt was the right way to go!

C-5277

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Only two ways out of this, he either "mispoke or was mis-quoted" or he's an idiot.
Yeah, probably just confusion with the PIP. I frequently confuse the Ford Focus and Fusion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
http://blog.nwautos.com/2013/03/plug-in_protocol_etiquette_for_ev_charging_stations.html

Sure hope he was misquoted.

SEVA contact info if you want to share feedback - http://seva101.org/contact/default.html (or post in the article above).
Suspect he told the reporter the Volt was a plug in hybrid. The reporter Googled plug in hybrid, got the Prius plug in page, and read 15 miles. One would think the "automotive writer" of the Seattle Times could do a better job.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Could be that he said "Fifty" and the reporter heard "Fifteen". I've had that happen to me many times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts