GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Short version:

Does anybody know what types of screws (precise length, etc.) are used to secure the back plate of the Clipper Creek HCS-40 EVSE?

Long version:

I recently bought a Clipper Creek HCS-40 EVSE with JuiceNet add-on from eMotorWerks. Unfortunately, it arrived with the back plate missing, which rather defeats the purpose of a NEMA-4 enclosure. I contacted eMotorWerks, and they sent me a new back plate. Unfortunately, despite my explicitly telling them I needed the screws to secure the back plate, they shipped the back plate without its screws! :mad: Thus, I need to either contact eMotorWerks (when they open on Monday) and have them ship me the right screws or go to a hardware store and buy new screws myself. Given the likely price, I'd rather buy them locally, but to do that I need to know exactly what type of screw to get. I'd rather not guess about this, given the necessity of getting a good seal.

I'm also considering sending the whole thing back and buying either a ChargePoint Home or a Clipper Creek direct from Clipper Creek (giving up the JuiceNet features). This mix-up has me seriously questioning the quality of eMotorWerks' work.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
So it showed up like this?

That's pretty sad... Though it shouldn't be too hard to fix. From the looks of it some course thread 1/2" stainless screws would suffice, since it's just going into plasic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, just like the picture. I took it to the hardware store and spent fifteen minutes or so with the clerk trying what seemed like every screw they had. I settled on #8 screws, which seemed to fit the best -- although I think the ones I got are a little longer than they should have been, since it was hard to get them screwed in the last fraction of an inch. At least they hold the back plate down with no wiggle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts