GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was giving the car it's weekly wash and at first notice a small stone chip. First one and while that sucked, it happens and I'll just touch it up. Then washing down the hatch a noticed 2 long (maybe 2') straight scratches. Eaither I bumped the gardage door opener track or someone put something on it that scratched it (it wouldn't be me). I did check the clearance in the garage and while it got close to the garage door opener, it looked fine. Either way, it needs to be fixed.It looks like it's down to the metal, very thin like a blade would do.

Does anyone have any recommendations on fixing this? Should I use a touchup pen or is there a better way? I love metalic paint but this makes touch-up tougher.

·
Registered
2013 Volt
1,509 Posts
I watched a YouTube video where a mobile body shop guy recommends using a toothpick with paint to get the sharp point down into a narrow scratch. I think the big thing would be to make sure there is no rust started before you put anything over it.

·
Administrator
20,352 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
On previous cars I've gotten stuff to touch up/repair the paint from https://scratchwizard.net/ (similar to what Steverino suggested)
Only difference I noticed is Scatchwizard also provides a putty type substance that you use to fill in scratches first, and then paint over so you technically no longer have the scratch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts