GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2017 Volt a couple of days ago. It was a replacement for a 2013 Volt (which was a replacement for a 2012 Nissan LEAF).

I like the car, with one exception. Whenever it completes a charge or completes a cooling cycle on the battery, it faults my Schneider EVLink EV2430WS EVSE. I never saw this behavior with the 2013 Volt or the LEAF.

The EV2430WS is four years old, but I really don't want to spend money to replace it if there's a simple solution. Anyone else having EVSE faults with their 2016 or 2017 Volts?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm having no problems with the 220 PowerXpress I bought in 2012. If you have to replace your charger I think it is a good choice. This is the fourth Volt i've used it on and, though it was expensive, it is really heavy duty and has been trouble free.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Just another joy of having been an early adopter. I bought a finicky and expensive EVSE, which, now, after only four years, needs to be replaced.
You got 4x further down the road than I did. I bought the SPX/Bosch Voltec unit. It died 12 months and three weeks from install. Bosch said pound sand since I connected it to the 240V line instead of paying them $1500 to do it the warranty was limited to 12 months.

The best warranty you can get is 3 years no matter who makes it. And some are less than that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same EV2430WS purchased in 2011. There was a recall in 2012 for some models - the connector was heating up. Although my serial # was not supposed to have issues I contacted Schneider and they replaced it free of charge with the newer model EV230WS (and even sent me $50 gift card). I was pleased with their customer service. Your warranty may have expired, but I would recommend to discuss with Schneider what they could do to help. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts