GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of what I have read on this forum in regards to ScanGauge was for first Gen 1 Volt.
The recommendation was to NOT hook it up to a Volt because of issues it has caused.

I had mine hooked up to my last two vehicles (Prius and PIP).

Has anyone hooked up a Scangauge II to their Gen 2?
Any issues?
I like to have a reading for the SOC and maybe battery temp.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have a '12 Volt and have only had serious issues twice (a year ago) with my SG-II installed, where I had to unplug to start my Volt. I believe I haven't had trouble since because they updated it for me shortly after for a random CEL with it connected.

I DID have other issues and despite working with Linear Logic, was unable to resolve it. When I'd turn off the vehicle and return, even if I never left the car (like in the car wash), my trip miles would increase proportional to the time the vehicle was turned off... a few tenths at the car wash and a couple miles for 8 hours at work. LL even replaced my unit with the latest and still was unable to resolve it. I finally gave up. FWIW, I've always been impressed with the company and their warranty.

OTOH, the only officially approved ODB device is the DashDaq, which I also own (with a Volt license) and should probably sell since I don't use it. The DD does a better job at displaying SOC, and other EVE parms.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Tried my SGII a while back and it wouldn't even connect. That may not mean much as it also won't connect to my 2006 MB. (1996, 2002, and 2004 GM vehicles work fine.) I think it needs a firmware update.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As an alternative, I use the enginelink iPhone app and their lelink Bluetooth obdII adapter and haven't had any problems. I do miss my dashdaq that was stolen out of my Prius, but this much cheaper app does 90% of what I want and is easier to use than a scanguage. Comes with a nice set of Volt PIDs too. Most of them work on my gen2 volt.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do you use this with an iPhone or Android? That would help me determine if I am safe to go with the bluetooth adapter or if I need to go with the wifi one. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts