GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Volt Premium, Red
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted saying I was looking for a new mirror on my Gen1. One fellow said he knew a seller and I took the bate. He showed me the mirror in my color and told me the price was $130 shipped. I sent the money via Zelle. He then advised I had to pay $50 for shipping. We went back and forth with me copying his price with shipping from his email to my response. After 46 emails back and forth, I realized he was not going to live up to his commitment and send the mirror or refund my money.
Needless to say I was ticked off and disappointed that my first interaction on the forum was a scam.
Do any of you have a reliable source for used Volt parts. Any suggestions on avoiding scams would be much appreciated also. I guess I am simply too trusting.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Volt
1,574 Posts
Have you asked for help from the member here that first contacted you? I've had numerous transactions with members here and never had a problem. Disappointing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That sucks. I hate scammers. I believe the part number is 22931856. If you put that part number into google or ebay, you should get some hits. Unfortunately, the part comes in black primer from the factory and has to be painted to match.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
771 Posts
The PM "email this guy, he has one" is SUPER common on forums these days. I ban at least one scammer a day on other sites. If anyone gets a PM where someone gives an email and says to contact them, it is a scam. REPORT that message and the moderators will ban them.

You'll find your mirror by looking on car-part.com, a recycler near you will have one (or there will be a place that will ship).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Never use zelle, or any other non protected form of payment. Unless you trust the seller.

Only use PayPal. As they will refund your money in case of a scam or item not received.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts