GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few minutes of our Sarasota Florida Plug-in day! (My 1st drive of a BMW i3) - difficult to enter the rear seat, really difficult to exit it, and I didn't like that it is always in "low" regen and won't coast!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mister Dave - how do you imbed the video like that?

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Hey Mister Dave - how do you imbed the video like that?
Click "reply with quote" on my above post. The format for embedding video is there.

P.S. I'm very upset that we didn't see an ELR at our NEDW like you did. I wanted to try it sans salesman pressure. GM: you're sucking out loud with NEDW events.

P.S.S. Where is the video of your car?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
335 Posts
P.S. I'm very upset that we didn't see an ELR at our NEDW like you did. I wanted to try it sans salesman pressure. GM: you're sucking out loud with NEDW events.
There were a couple of privately-owned ELRs at the Sarasota event, and they were not available for test drives. I didn't see a Cadillac salesperson anywhere. If they were there, apparently they couldn't be bothered to stick around for the entire event.

A couple of other notes: My critique of the i3 would agree with Jimmy's, but there was a lot more that I didn't like about it. And I thought it was funny that Ford brought a Fusion hybrid instead of an Energi for test drives this year. Last year, they ran out of charge so quickly that they were embarrassed, I think.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
There were a couple of privately-owned ELRs at the Sarasota event, and they were not available for test drives. I didn't see a Cadillac salesperson anywhere.
While Nissan made GM look like chumps at our local event, there were at least 4 Teslas and 2 of them gave test drives. My wife absolutely refused to allow test drives in her daily driver, but one woman did with her Volt. I felt bad about it later that we didn't. I went to see the sales manager at the dealer down the street about it weeks ahead, and one employee was supposed to be there, but they were all MIA. Even the local BMW and Toyota dealers sent someone.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There were a couple of privately-owned ELRs at the Sarasota event, and they were not available for test drives. I didn't see a Cadillac salesperson anywhere. If they were there, apparently they couldn't be bothered to stick around for the entire event.

A couple of other notes: My critique of the i3 would agree with Jimmy's, but there was a lot more that I didn't like about it. And I thought it was funny that Ford brought a Fusion hybrid instead of an Energi for test drives this year. Last year, they ran out of charge so quickly that they were embarrassed, I think.
I find it even funny-er that Ford would not showcase the Focus EV. It is the unsung hero in nearly all EV speak and is seldom mentioned. I wonder if most are aware it even exists? Too bad for Ford because the Focus is a fairly nice package, does not have quirky looks and performs on par with it's direct competitors.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I find it even funny-er that Ford would not showcase the Focus EV. It is the unsung hero in nearly all EV speak and is seldom mentioned. I wonder if most are aware it even exists? Too bad for Ford because the Focus is a fairly nice package, does not have quirky looks and performs on par with it's direct competitors.
I think they had a Focus EV on display, but I didn't see one that was available for test drives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts