GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chatted online with Chevy rep yesterday regarding my question if the Bolt had AM radio capability- not surprisingly the answer was "we have no information on that". Okay, I understand that... it's a new so far unreleased vehicle- so I can live with that answer for now.

Here's the same old, same old part....

They forwarded my info to my local Chevy dealer for followup.
Here's the intro from the internet sales rep at my local dealer (Smithtown Chevrolet) to me this morning:

Hi Robery.. <snip>... What equipment were you hoping for in the​ Volt?

Okay... it's Robert not Robery... who the hell would name their kid Robery?
I'm interested in a Bolt not a Volt! They are two different vehicles- is it that difficult to differentiate between the two?

It's sad, GM spends millions and goes to extremes to make a new groundbreaking product, and the dealerships are just completely clueless and inept buffoons ..... :(

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Chatted online with Chevy rep yesterday regarding my question if the Bolt had AM radio capability- not surprisingly the answer was "we have no information on that". Okay, I understand that... it's a new so far unreleased vehicle- so I can live with that answer for now.

Here's the same old, same old part....

They forwarded my info to my local Chevy dealer for followup.
Here's the intro from the internet sales rep at my local dealer (Smithtown Chevrolet) to me this morning:

Hi Robery.. <snip>... What equipment were you hoping for in the​ Volt?

Okay... it's Robert not Robery... who the hell would name their kid Robery?
I'm interested in a Bolt not a Volt! They are two different vehicles- is it that difficult to differentiate between the two?

It's sad, GM spends millions and goes to extremes to make a new groundbreaking product, and the dealerships are just completely clueless and inept buffoons ..... :(
I don't know who is at fault here, but everyone believe sthat a dealer should be updated for all their brand models and products. I saw a 2015 Nissan Leaf this week at a local "AutoFeria" (I posted about it on the forums), yet the saleswoman wasn't that prepared to answer questions about it, except the sales price and the $10,000 bonus discount. It may be both the brand's fault and the dealer's fault for not communicating on time and preparing the sales force about each product, and as many here have mentioned, fellow members know more about the Chevy Volt than the deaers do.

It is all a lack of education! If the salespersons don't know, not trained, or are not motivated to learn, EVs will be lost in the dealer's lot and never sold. This wll backfire against the brand which will stop producing the EV and reduce its engineering investment.

So, GM, if you are reading this post, please train EVERY DEALER who will sell your EVs! Spend that money and get returns faster. Then spend money on marketing and sales training, too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It just sounds like your typical junior (new-hire) sales staff trying (desperately) to make a buck. They are ignorant, greedy as leaches, and found at dealerships of ALL makes.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can understand lack of training, especially since the Bolt isn't even out yet.
But they can't even get my first name right or the name of the product I'm interested in?

Surprised they got my email address right.....

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I once received a letter addressed with the city of "Cedar Rapists" instead of rapids. Not a typo... so it could be worse.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I once received a letter addressed with the city of "Cedar Rapists" instead of rapids. Not a typo... so it could be worse.
I understand from the FarmersOnly.com ads it can get very lonely in fly-over country, but that is UNacceptable.

Poor cedar trees. ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The fault lies with GM, which elected to name the EV "Bolt". On an typical telephone you better have a sharp ear to tell the difference.
This will be a recurring problem from now on. Get used to it. (this is not meant to get an incompetent sales person off the hook, but come on, guys, do you really expect a sales rep who may not YET have had a briefing on the Bolt to be able to tell the wheel and tire size, brand, etc, etc. without looking it up? Come November all such criticism will be deserved, of course.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I see this as just the beginning of MANY confusing exchanges between customers and dealers about the Chevy *olts. And no, tacking "EV" onto the end of the Bolt name doesn't really clear it up, I'm afraid. No one will use that in everyday, normal conversation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tack the EV on every time I talk about the Bolt EV, which is often, because I live among a bunch of Noodlheads.

I also use current instead of juice as my solar instructor so politely informed me.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
GM's other 2017 vehicles have AM, so I'd really be surprised if the Bolt EV doesn't.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GM's other 2017 vehicles have AM, so I'd really be surprised if the Bolt EV doesn't.
Thanks for that, I hope you're correct.
Like many NY'ers I'm kind of a news/sports radio junkie... my first three presets are 880AM, 1010AM and 660AM (WFAN). I couldn't imagine wasting the 40min ride to work without finding out what's happening locally and around the world.
Need my AM radio fix ;)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Thanks for that, I hope you're correct.
Like many NY'ers I'm kind of a news/sports radio junkie... my first three presets are 880AM, 1010AM and 660AM (WFAN). I couldn't imagine wasting the 40min ride to work without finding out what's happening locally and around the world.
Need my AM radio fix ;)
710AM, 770AM, 880AM and 1010AM here. Isn't AM missing from the i3?

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Spark EV has AM radio, so don't see why the Bolt wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just a bit concerned because IIRC LG is now making a good portion of the Bolt's electronics... and we have no history to look back at. The trend is all web connected content now- it's almost like radio is passe'- to the car manufactures anyway.

If the AM stations I listen to were available via satellite radio- I'd go with that in a heartbeat- but they're not, so I'm stuck with good old AM radio for now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts