GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,974 Posts
You need to be a sponsor to put up a classified ad. Otherwise, future posts will be deleted.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You need to be a sponsor to put up a classified ad. Otherwise, future posts will be deleted.
I don't disagree with the premise that car dealers should help as a sponsor of the forum, especially with the free advertising that they receive. I did not buy my Volt from either Keyes or Rydell, but they seem to me to be the biggest beneficiary of advertising on this forum. However, I wonder if there was a more "diplomatic" way of communicating with them to suggest being a sponsor, with out doing it in an open thread. Perhaps initially by PM?
I don't check for advertisements on the forum, but I notice in the "New Post" link that Toyota shows up, but don't recall seeing any other auto company.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't like this really vague post by Rydel, but I generally like to see their post when they have enough details to be interesting. This is certainly the right group.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Steverino, becoming an official GM-Volt forum sponsor would be an honor! We refer every Volt client to this magnificent digital pool of information and supporting in any way available to us is the least we can do. Previously, we did not consider paying for ads because we did not want to it to hurt the integrity of our posts. Same reason why we do not have an account with Yelp for paid reviews or any other review sites. I apologize for not following proper guidelines but, now that we are aware of them, we are happy to follow them!

Would it be alright if we PM you for more information?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey Steverino, becoming an official GM-Volt forum sponsor would be an honor! We refer every Volt client to this magnificent digital pool of information and supporting in any way available to us is the least we can do. Previously, we did not consider paying for ads because we did not want to it to hurt the integrity of our posts. Same reason why we do not have an account with Yelp for paid reviews or any other review sites. I apologize for not following proper guidelines but, now that we are aware of them, we are happy to follow them!

Wow! What a classy response!

·
Administrator
19,974 Posts

I apologize for the abruptness of my post, but this issue has come up within the last few days and there are some sore feelings on the part of one of your competitors who was just told the same thing.

I regret I didn't have time to do more than "nip your post in the bud" so to speak before we got complaints of unequal treatment.

Anyway, as a general rule, if your business has a product or service that you feel can benefit our community, contact [email protected] for pricing. You'd get your own, branded vendor area to post sales, deals, etc. See CARID for example: http://gm-volt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?35-CARiD.com

P.S. I don't work for VerticalScope (the site owner). If I do, I haven't been paid in like 4 years, lol.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Rydell has some of the consistently best pricing on EVs in Southern California, and unlike other dealerships I have dealt with in the area, I've never experienced "bait-and-switch" with Rydell. I think the community would benefit from seeing the ads.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I reached out to them in in March and for whatever reason they were unwilling to beat another L.A. dealer (should be noted incentives change month to month)...However I saw their original post before it was edited and let's just say they were offering one of the biggest discounts reported and had I had that offer in March I would've bought from them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts