GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
21,121 Posts
So we have a rumor about a rumor? :)

From the article, "A GM spokesman contacted Monday evening denied the reports that Wednesday's call will include such substantial technology, mobility, and manufacturing announcements. "

IOW, don't hold your breath?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
GM has an EV strategy?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
GM's only strategy is making money. Which means selling more and more huge gas-guzzling pickup trucks and SUV's. That's their bread and butter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I can tell you, as an employee, that something very different is going on. What it is...I have no clue, but things are definitiely different than at anytime in my near 35 years working for GM. I for one, have baited breath.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,155 Posts
Well, I can tell you, as an employee, that something very different is going on. What it is...I have no clue, but things are definitely different than at anytime in my near 35 years working for GM. I for one, have baited breath.
GM has always treated me ok and I have enjoyed there products for as long as you have worked there. and I hope us acting like goofs on this forum doesn't add to your baited breath

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I can tell you, as an employee, that something very different is going on. What it is...I have no clue, but things are definitely different than at anytime in my near 35 years working for GM. I for one, have baited breath.
GM has always treated me ok and I have enjoyed there products for as long as you have worked there. and I hope us acting like goofs on this forum doesn't add to your baited breath
Not at all. My entire 35 has been in service, most of it in the field...I have very thick skin. You all are actually a pretty decent crowd.

·
Registered
669 Posts
GM and others are going to get "run over" if they don't get serious about building a complete family of EV's to replace their aging ICE family. And they had better be planning to support these new vehicles with a charging network comparable to what Tesla is doing.
I believe I read somewhere recently where MB is now thinking about working WITH Tesla in some regards to get them up to speed more quickly. They have seen the light??

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
GM's only strategy is making money. Which means selling more and more huge gas-guzzling pickup trucks and SUV's. That's their bread and butter.
True 40K-50K per month. Chevrolet knows where to invest their money for the stockholder's satisfaction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
True 40K-50K per month. Chevrolet knows where to invest their money for the stockholder's satisfaction.
As a modest GM stockholder, with a couple of thousand shares... I ain't real happy with GM lately, especially over the last three-four months. But as a long-term investor, I see some hope for GM going forward if they keep their act together...

·
Administrator
21,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I like my Silverado. News just in

"GM's hefty North American margins were "really helped by the launch of our all our new full-sized pickup trucks," GM CFO Divya Suryadevara told reporters Wednesday. GM was "also helped by a strong pricing environment. We had a ton of price discipline this quarter that really helped all the segments across the board."

GM Cruise lost $200 million in the third quarter. The autonomous vehicle development arm of the company got a $2.75 billion total investment from Honda Motor Co. earlier this month, following a $2.25 billion investment from SoftBank Investment Advisers in June. "

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
A mobility company makes either wheelchairs, communal cars or self driving cars.

I doubt GM is exiting the private car market

PS Read the attachment, that was GMs only secret released today

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
GM and others are going to get "run over" if they don't get serious about building a complete family of EV's to replace their aging ICE family. And they had better be planning to support these new vehicles with a charging network comparable to what Tesla is doing.
I believe I read somewhere recently where MB is now thinking about working WITH Tesla in some regards to get them up to speed more quickly. They have seen the light??
Anybody and everybody working with Tesla to leverage charging infrastructure would be helpful to all. It would be ridiculous if each manufacturer had their own separate set of charging stations. The benefits right now are obvious for GM. The real question is whether Tesla and Musk are smart enough to see the ultimate benefits for them too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts