GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a 6' 280lb male, I'm concerned about room.

But then, I drive a 2000 Chevy Metro to and from work every day (round trip is 40.2 miles, and I like to use air conditioning, not quite ideal for the current design of the Volt).

Has there been much discussion of roominess for the driver's seat yet? The glass top is out; will the new ceiling give my neck a constant crick (I'm fine in the metro, but anything with a sun-roof is uncomfortable for me).

Thanks for any observations, now I'll be a good gm-volt.com forum citizen and go read everything to see if I can find my answers already posted somewhere. :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Answer: Nobody knows. The final specs have not been released yet. However if you are driving a Metro now, you'll fit in anything. This car will be much bigger than a Metro. I saw the concept car in person, and while it has almost nothing to do with the car they will ultimately build, they have told us that the production model will be about the same size. It's about the same length as a Cobalt, but wider.

Unfortunately, because there are not any real answers about the production car yet, we have to watch every thread here devolve into a pissing contest between Jason and Texas as they try to educate us all in the errors of our ways and enlighten us to the solutions to the world's problems.:rolleyes: I thought I joined a car site, but mostly it's turning out to be a political/green bitch fest. Hopefully when there is actual hardware to examine and photos to peruse, it go back to being a Chevy Volt enthusiast site.

So thank you for posting about the Volt and just the Volt.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Try a Cobalt

You might want to try sitting in a Cobalt. The Volt will no doubt be somewhat different from an electric Cobalt, but maybe not too much. In any event, you can use the Cobalt as a point of reference, because the Volt will be on the Cobalt platform. The Volt also seems to be destined to use as many Cobalt parts as it can get away with, so as to get it out the door with minimal additional development.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts