GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I don't sound stupid, but why can't GM go full force with the Volt since they will most likely be closing plants and could hopefully re-tool ASAP and get the Volt out to public faster? Treat this like we are at war, because we are. Ron

·
Registered
495 Posts
Because GM doesn't view the Volt as a big money maker and they don't believe many Americans will be willing to pay $45k for the car. They have already stated that the Volt will be a low-volume car through 2015.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ron arpan gee

Gee thats too bad, because myself and many thousands of customers refuse to purchase another vehicle that burns gasoline. Was somebody asleep at the switch? Too bad, it does not look very good out there does it. Ron

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I hope I don't sound stupid, but why can't GM go full force with the Volt since they will most likely be closing plants and could hopefully re-tool ASAP and get the Volt out to public faster? Treat this like we are at war, because we are. Ron
They are going as fast as they can. It takes time to design and test a car, all it's tooling and manufacturing process. Go out to the car you have now and start counting all the pieces and parts you can see and think that all those parts have to be designed, assembly checked and tested. Then multiply the number of parts you could count by about 10 for all the parts you couldn't see. The modern automobile is the most complex consumer product we can buy. It's easy to take it's creation for granted.

We are at war, but getting Volts on the road a few months or even a year earlier isn't going to bring our boys home from Iraq or Afganastan any faster. Further more, it's not GM's job to fight wars, that is for our supposed elected leaders. If you mean we are at war with OPEC, we're not. If you mean we at war with speculators, we're not. If you mean that we are metephorically at war with ourselves and our own energy consumption in this country, then again, GM can't solve that problem all by it'self with nothing but well wishes and blah, blah, blah. They need cash and lots of it.

It's all about patience. The Volt is coming when it's ready. Just be there with your check book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts