GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When turning on or selecting radio a non favorite station always comes on that is not the last radio station I listen to nor is this unwanted station on any favorite pre-set. Can't find anything in radio settings or owners manual.

Really annoying and it's always the same FM radio station. I have zero FM radio stations in my favs. I would love to set the radio to always turn on with the last radio station I actually listened to.
radio
Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,672 Posts
I think you answered your own question, sort of. Put the radio station you want in your Favorites. Then use that favorite button and it should stick.

I personally would like to eliminate AM, FM, and XM from the source switch on the steering wheel, but there's no configuration area for that. Short of someone from this forum claiming they can hack those changes, I'm stuck. Almost every other modern car with Bluetooth that I've driven as a car rental will remember that my last source was Bluetooth, reconnect, and start streaming. Unfortunately, the volt g1 seems to take over 30 seconds after startup to connect to Bluetooth, so it defaults to FM

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think you answered your own question, sort of. Put the radio station you want in your Favorites. Then use that favorite button and it should stick.

I saw this behavior when I first got my Volt, and your suggestion is what solved the issue.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Mine used to default to the local "fire and brimstone" Jesus station. That was more than mildly annoying.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have all my favs already programmed and I listen to them regular except when I get back into my car and turn it on then choose general radio icon because the last thing I was listening too was not the radio but Android auto this french station always comes on. Then as always I have to hit one of my fav buttons quickly not to endure this annoying radio station.
Do I have to do a radio factory reset?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Mine used to default to the local "fire and brimstone" Jesus station. That was more than mildly annoying.
That and a cup of black coffee would get anybody ready for the world each morning! lol

·
Registered
13,672 Posts
Or it's a sign that your must repent on your evil ways... :)

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts