GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help guys. I am in the RioGrande Valley in Mission TX and my 2017 Volt is acting up. I have no idea where to go for a good Volt servicing dealer down here. Someone please let me know if you have or know of a dealer that has a good Volt tech down here. I am very concerned that I may not get things fixed correctly unless I succeed in identifying a Good Dealer servicing Volts. I see quite a few Volts down here, but none at the dealerships seem to have any??

Thanks for any input to my problem. Hoping someone has an answer!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had my 2013 successfully repaired twice at Clark in downtown McAllen. The first time for the skill saw whine and the second for "service high voltage charging system",even though I had the defeat plug installed. The skill saw whine I had to show them the service bulletin to get it fixed and for the SHVCS I had to show them that is was covered under warranty. So their tech seems competent but the service writers are clueless.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking at Clark, as it seems that they have sold quite a few Volt over the years. Last year I was just browsing around there new cars area and a sales person approached me asking what they could show me. I said I wanted to look at new Volts. The sales persons reply was (What's a Volt?). :) Just saying that made me nervous. Never the less, yes I so far think Clark may be my answer. Haven't looked at Fiesta in Edinburg yet. May go there to take a look. My 2017 is still in warranty and the 12 volt battery is flaky and low capacity so if that is all that is wrong, probably not tough to service, but I am concerned it may be some other problem causing it... Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just wondering which dealer you ended up using and if they turned out to be OK. I am almost out of the B to B part of the warranty and need a few items looked at while down in the valley. Nothing too technical though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up fixing mine by myself. Had a poor ground at the 12 Volt battery cable. All is well now. As far as dealers here, I would go with Clark Chev in McAllen. They have sold quite a few Volts and as above stated had some success with service. I can tell you I don't trust Bert Ogden because they messed up another car I had in there not a Volt but disappointing service.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts