·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It will work and if you get power to it you'd have a rear view mirror that dims too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just need to find out what the pins on the mirror are for 12v+ and -. I am sure you can google around and find would the pins on the mirrors are.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One of my favorite mods! Many thanks for the heads up !

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Would this mirror allow one to have HomeLink in a Gen2 (regrettably not offered from the factory)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gen 1 have homelink on the headliner. you can get some caddy mirrors rimless with homelink. would need the same plug tho.not sure what gen 2 plug looks like

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would this mirror allow one to have HomeLink in a Gen2 (regrettably not offered from the factory)?
You can do it this way (check out the link for a picture on reddit):
https://www.reddit.com/r/volt/comments/aq8gnz/finally_put_a_proper_rear_view_mirror_in_my_g2/

He uses a gentex auto dimming frameless mirror with homelink, and he got it from a place called bob's mirrors:
http://www.bobsmirrors.com/

In the thread he said the bob's mirrors guys put the plug for the Volt on it for him so it was a plug and play swap (assuming you have a auto-dimming mirror so you have power already).

I am going the route of swapping out the frame around the upper console with one that has homelink on it (for that nice Gen1 factory look), but if I didn't already have the parts sitting on my desk for that, I'd probably do it this way. We have basically that same mirror in another car and it is really nice. The icons in ours even tells you when the garage door is moving up and down and when it is finished.

Of course this thread has made me want the frameless mirror for my Gen2 now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts