GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rick Wagoner's June 27 email to managers:

Link

Every person in every company should be thinking of ways to conserve or generate cash, in good times and bad.

It seems GM is licensing / selling its hybrid tech to Chrysler, for some of their vehicles (assuming I read the articles right).

·
3,689 Posts
I like what Rick Wagoner said about keeping positive. Once people lose hope that things will get better the situation gets worse in a hurry. There has been a massive amount of bad news lately and people around the world are getting scared. It's important for the doomsday people to include some hopeful things in their rants so people don't just shut down. Even if they don't believe there is anything we can do it will reduce the damage should things turn out as they prophesize.

My feeling is that we are in for some serious pain and severe economic recessions or depressions. However, I think we have enough technical advancements to keep things from going back to the same levels humans lived at given levels of energy production. Populations follow energy so we need to get alternatives online as fast as possible. If you look at the time scales involved and the current oil situation you have to at least be a little concerned.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I think Jatropha Curcas is a good fuel crop for Florida, and should ease the costs of transporting goods using semi-trucks and diesel locomotives.

Link
The link is wrong. This is one I'ld really like to see since this is the segment of transportation that is woefully unaddresed thus far.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The link is wrong. This is one I'ld really like to see since this is the segment of transportation that is woefully unaddresed thus far.
Koz,

Just checked the link, and it goes to another GM-Volt thread that I started on that subject. The original post of that thread leads to a Fox News story on the bio-deisel fruit of the plant. That link works also.

Eaton has been working on hydraulic regenerative breaking systems for delivery trucks, like the large ones used by Coke / Pepsi, as well as garbage trucks. I think the battery packs needed for series hybrid drives is just too expensive at the moment, but may come down in a few years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts