1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be wrong but I don't think it's the same company. Yours is rhinotyre, the one I was asking about is rhinotire. They are spelled different. Did you watch the video?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't think it's the same company. Yours is rhinotyre, the one I was asking about is rhinotire. They are spelled different. Did you watch the video?
Well since they both use the rhino logo...I'm assuming if they are not the same company...there is about to be a trademark battle ensuing in the US...rolleyes:

The tyre website is its international site...

Tire is an American thing...:)

So where does your Rhinotire claim their factory is?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Clearly two different companies. Rhino Tire is in New York City by the 212 area code of their phone number and apparently makes a gel sealant that can be applied to any tire in a factory equipped to apply the gel. Rhino Tyre is a Chinese tyre (tire) manufacturer and apparently has no connection with the New York firm.

General Tire had a puncture-sealing tire back in the mid-'60's called the Dual 90. It had a tread pattern with a crevice in the center of the circumference, giving it an appearance of two tires ganged together, hence the Dual name. It also had a sealant embedded between the belts to seal punctures. My father had them on our then-new '65 Pontiac Catalina. He did manage to get a flat, however. A conical or funnel-shaped metal coil flattened one tire as the sealant couldn't reach the inside surface of the coil. He bought conventional tires when the Duals wore out. I suspect the Rhino gel wouldn't perform any differently in a similar situation.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Clearly two different companies. Rhino Tire is in New York City by the 212 area code of their phone number and apparently makes a gel sealant that can be applied to any tire in a factory equipped to apply the gel. Rhino Tyre is a Chinese tyre (tire) manufacturer and apparently has no connection with the New York firm.

General Tire had a puncture-sealing tire back in the mid-'60's called the Dual 90. It had a tread pattern with a crevice in the center of the circumference, giving it an appearance of two tires ganged together, hence the Dual name. It also had a sealant embedded between the belts to seal punctures. My father had them on our then-new '65 Pontiac Catalina. He did manage to get a flat, however. A conical or funnel-shaped metal coil flattened one tire as the sealant couldn't reach the inside surface of the coil. He bought conventional tires when the Duals wore out. I suspect the Rhino gel wouldn't perform any differently in a similar situation.
Found this back in 2014 they were pitching the product, but according to the comments there were no distributors...so it is indeed a separate company...as Rhinotyre has been shipping farm tires into the country for years...:)
http://affordable-tire-sealant.com/how-to-make-rhinotire/

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Still waiting for Hankook to come out with it's airless tires. I wonder how much weight this adds?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts